Chapter 25

These are thoughts

~~~

Mizuki pov.
When Keishin and I get home, we have some ramen for dinner, and then I just stayed in my room for most of the time.

I was doing my homework when Keishin came in.

"Zuki?" He called me, while peeking through the door.

"You can come in. What's up?"

He sits in my bed.

"When we were playing against Nekoma, remember their back attack with the other spikes faking a spike?"

I think to myself.

"I might have missed that... I wasn't paying attention for a bit."

He sighs.

"You know what I mean, though don't you?"

I nod. When I used to play, my team would do the same attack during some matches.

"You're thinking about teaching them, aren't you." I say to him.

"Ya. I wanted to do it tomorrow with you and some of the other boys, but you're practicing with Nekoma."

"Sorry..."

"It's fine, I'll show them the next day. But do you think they can pull it off?"

"Of course! I'm sure Asahi can do a back attack too. He's an ace after all."

He nods. "Ok. You'll be part of this too, since you can already do it."

"Ya, ya I know."

He turns to leave my room.

"Hey Keishi-nii?"

"Ya?"

"If you're gonna be leaving home early to do something, either tell me or do it quietly please." I say, looking at my work.

"How did you know?!"

"Um, it was kinda obvious. One, you're pretty loud. And two, you're definitely more tired than before. Plus, once when I was getting a snack, I saw you leave."

He doesn't say anything, then he sighs.

"Ok, fine. I'll be more quiet. But you need to sleep since you have school. So no snacks."

"How about I help you then? You're going to the farm, right?"

"Yes I'm going to the farm, and no you can't help me. I just said that you need sleep because of school."

"I don't have to sleep, you know. Plus I'm pretty sure you only need one hour to function."

"Zuki. No. Now go to bed."

He leaves before I can say anything.

...whatever

I change into my pjs and I fall asleep.

~~~
Time skip to next day
~~~

6:57

I wake up and I take a quick shower. I change into the uniform, and when I go down, I see Keishin sleeping.

Sleepyhead.

I quietly make a sandwich for lunch.

I don't wanna wake up Keishi-nii... but I need a ride... oh I have my skateboard!

I quickly go upstairs, and I grab my skateboard.

When I go down, I write a note saying that I'm going to school. I put it on the table in front of Keishin so he'll see it. Then, I leave.