Chapter 34

These are thoughts

~~~

Mizuki pov.
We are in the stands, watching Aoba Johsai play.

I watch Oikawa serve. He serves, and the ball goes across the court. When someone on the other team tried to receive it, the ball goes out.

My eyes get big.

"That's the fourth service ace." Asahi says.

"Oh shit." I mumble. "He got better."

"What do you mean?" Hinata asks me.

"Remember how I told you that I went to their school before? And helped them out?"

He nods.

"Oikawa showed me his serve then. He definitely improved it. It's much stronger now, and he has more control."

"But you can do that too, right Mizuki?" Tanaka asks.

"Maybe. My serves aren't THAT good." I say.

"Don't be so modest, I know you can do it. You can probably do a stronger one." Keishin says, rolling his eyes.

Hinata looks at me in awe. "OOOOOO!"

"Anyways, if we can work around that serve..."

Suga nods. "His serve is terrifying."

I keep watching.

We have to see how good he is as a setter...

Oikawa serves the ball, a jump serve. His opponent's number 2 receives it, but it goes back to Seijoh's side.

Watari hits it up, and it goes to Oikawa.

"The thing about setter," I hear Keishin say. "They're a lot like conductors in an orchestra."

True. If you change the conductor, you can get a whole new sound, even if the song and the orchestra are the same.

Oikawa sets it to Iwaizumi, and he spikes it. They get another point.

"It looks like they have really smooth teamwork." Suga says.

"I heard that Oikawa and Iwaizumi, number four, have been playing together since grade school." Kageyama replies.

"They have a non-verbal understanding, right?" Tanaka asks. "It's like you and Mizuki. You guys can kinda communicate without talking, which is kinda scary."

I smile and nod. I look back at the match.

"Oikawa is an amazing setter." I tell the team. "I'm not totally sure, but I think he is able to bring his teammates to play at their best, since he knows them all so well. Well, by watching him it seems like it."

"The Great King is so cool!" Hinata yells. "I wanna play against him so bad!"

"Ya!" Noya says.

I laugh.

But there's one big problem. Since Oikawa can bring his team to their 100%, it'll be really hard to beat them. Then again, they are one of the top teams.

"Hey look, it's a TV camera!" Noya points down at the camera.

Hinata and I look.

"Woah! I wanna be on TV!" Hinata exclaims.

"Hey, you two!" The guys beside the camera calls the two boys. "Junior high...or grade schoolers? Keep it down."

Hinata and Noya sulk.