Chapter 18

These are thoughts

~~~

Mizuki pov.
When we finish, I put the uniforms, together for Kiyoko, so she can dry them later.

I join the team at the end of the day.

"Bye Kiko!" I wave to her when she leaves to go to her home.

"Bye Zuki!" She calls back.

I go in the training camp and see the third years.

"I'm gonna help set up the futons."

They nod and I walk away.

I go to the room and I see Kageyama and Hinata already setting it up a bit. The second years too.

I walk to Kageyama and grab some blankets.

"Let me help you with that!" I say to him and smile.

He blushes and nods.

"Hey Ennoshita?" Hinata calls to the second year.

"About what you said before practice..."

What happened?

Ennoshita sits up. "About how I ran away?"

I freeze.

He...ran away?

Hinata sits to listen to him. I snap out of my thoughts and I follow Kageyama. Kinoshita and Narita sit beside Ennoshita, and I follow Kageyama as he sits beside Hinata.

"You guys heard about how coach Ukai, you're grandfather Mizuki, came out of retirement last year?"

We nod.

Of course I did. I've heard him talk about it for a while.

"That was when several of us couldn't handle the training." Kinoshita says.

"The sport we used to play for fun changed into a game about winning. It was like something invade our comfort zone, and it scared us away."

Scared away...

"But then we wanted to play again." Narita says. "By the time we came back, coach Ukai was gone."

"I know we're a bunch of pathetic second years," Ennoshita says, as they raise their heads, "but now we're back and we're gonna work every bit as hard as you guys.

"So we're counting on you guys all over again."

"Yes sir!" Kageyama and Hinata says to them.

They want to play again...

~~~
Time skip to nighttime
~~~

I lay down on my futon, thinking to myself.

They all wanna play. They all wanna be on the court. Suga is fighting his own way to get on, like that thing he was working on. The second years, even though they ran away, they're back. Keishi-nii told me that Asahi left the team because there was a team that had a strong defense, and he couldn't break through...

Kiko said that this team won't hurt me. They are pretty nice and fun too. Except that salty blondie.

I laugh quietly to myself.

'We play together and we work out the problems'... that's what she said, right? Wait was she telling me to play on this team? Is that even possible?