Chapter 36

2577 Words

This is a beta version of Enar's Vacation. Changes can - and probably will - be made as a result of reader feedback. I hope you'll enjoy it and I hope you'll take the time to give me some feedback. It will help me make this story the best it can be.

+++

Enar swam closer to the shore and then walked until the water reached just below his navel. He waved again. "Hey! Come on in. It's nice and warm."

Amanda raised her hand to shield her eyes and looked at him. "Sure it is. Your lips are blue from cold. I can see it all the way from over here."

"Nonsense, it's fine." Enar rubbed the back of his hand against his mouth. It wasn't that cold. "Don't be a chicken!"

"I thought I was a sheep." She smiled and put down her basket, on the line between the grass and the sand, right where he'd dropped his shirt.

"Yes, sorry, I'll translate: Baaaa, baaah, baaah!" He laughed and slapped his hands against the water, making big splashes.

"Oh you!" Amanda laughed. "Just you wait, I'm gonna get you." She grimaced and waved a fist in the air, trying to look angry while grinning at the same time.

"I'm right here. Come get me!" Splash, splash.

Amanda looked around, noticing his shirt on the ground and his jeans over where they lay. She paused for a moment, looked at Enar in the water and smiled. Then she bent down, grabbed the hem of her dress and pulled it off over her head.

Enar stared. She wore nothing underneath. Almost nothing. It took him a moment to register a pair of little beige panties that didn't match at all with her pale skin. She dropped her dress next to the basket and ran for the water. Enar tried not to stare. He looked away for a moment - half a moment.

He already knew she'd be fit, but not like that. Pale taut skin. Bulging muscles. Small round breasts that bounced when she ran. He really did try not to stare, but with her legs covered in thin pale fur beneath the knees, his eyes stuck like glued. Then she was in the water, and - just like him - she could only run so far before it got too deep. With a squeal, she threw herself forward.

Enar felt fat. Sure, she was round too, but she had muscles. He was just round and flabby.

Amanda bounced back up on her feet. Screaming and gasping for air. "You meanie! It's freezing cold!"

He backpedaled a little - trying to keep at a safe distance. "Oh no, it's fine. You just have to get used to it." The grin crept back on his face, and he swept his hand in front of him over the surface of the water, sending up a wet plume in her direction.

"Hey! I'm still gonna get you. You're going down." She splashed some water at him and began wading in his direction.

Enar giggled, turned around, and threw himself forward, away from her. Stroke by stroke he made for the mouth of the little harbor - putting all of his might into it, swimming as fast as he could. Like a seal he flew through the cold water. He'd get there first. Where didn't matter. He was a good swimmer.

Something gripped his ankle. Enar kicked out and yanked free, but the grip came again. Behind him, Amanda giggled. He twisted around and splashed some water at her, but not much - he couldn't reach the bottom here, and had to use his legs to keep afloat.

"Hah! Got you," she said, smiling.

Enar spluttered, having got water up his nose. "You're in much better shape than I am."

"Pfft, you're not a bad swimmer."

Enar struck out again, slower this time. "It's not so bad once you get in. You get used to it."