Epilogue I

– y/n's pov –

I was lying on Draco's bed, staring at the blue flames from my hand while he was studying. It's truly an extraordinary ability. 

For the past few months, I strived to regain my powers and trained to control them. As a result, I could make practical use of them at greater degree than I could before Voldemort's possession. 

"Draco?" I called him.

With his head buried in pile of books, Draco responded, "yes?"

"You've been working all day. Get some rest," I spoke. Draco was already pretty smart but he began studying especially hard since the start of new school year, telling me that he wants to pursue a career as an Auror in the future. I understood his decision because he was sick of his family history, making him want to investigate crimes related to the Dark Arts and to apprehend dark wizards and witches. 

Draco lifted his head up and looked at me, smiling, "I know what you are doing, tryna distract me."

"I'm a good distraction though," I chuckled.

"Oh, you are," Draco smirked. "But I really gotta finish this today babe," he returned to study mode 

Then something crossed my mind. I silently fidgeted with the flames using my fingers and hesitantly asked, "Draco, are you... thinking of going back to your parents for the Christmas break?"

Draco paused at my question and silently looked down on his book. He opened his mouth and spoke at last, "no, I'll stay here."

To lighten the mood, I quickly spoke, "well, I was thinking it's time to go back to my parents in Wiltshire because I haven't seen them in..." I sighed, "a very long time and maybe you can come with me if you don't mind." 

Draco looked at me, surprised, and I smiled at him. "That'd be amazing," he chuckled. 

"How are you feeling?" Draco asked as we got off from Hogwarts Express. 

"Nervous, very nervous," I took a deep breath. "Now I think about it maybe it's a bad idea to see them. I miss them so much but I don't think I'm ready. And also I feel like they will freak out," I blurted nervously.

"Freak out about bringing a boyfriend or about... you in general?" Draco raised his eyebrows and smiled.

"Honestly, I don't even know, like–" I sighed, "Professor Dumbledore before... told me that he has everything covered and he did not tell me what exactly he meant by that like did he make them forget about me..? Or told them everything? I really don't know." 

Draco held my hand, "don't worry, everything will be fine. I'm sure Dumbledore didn't do anything bad. Also, I'm the one who should be worried right now, what if they don't let me in?" He laughed.

With a beating heart, I got on the train to Wiltshire with Draco and headed back to my home. When we arrived, the sun was setting and the sky was beautifully painted in rose and gold. As we reached the street where my family manor was, I paused and closed my eyes, breathing in and out deeply to feel the fresh air that made my emotions all welled up.

"It's been two year... I can't believe I'm actually here," I spoke. We quietly walked down the street and... there it was.

I breathed deeply and looked at Draco, whose eyes were already on me. He nodded, smiling. We carefully entered the opened main gate and walked past the pond.

"Beautiful house," said Draco.

Soon, we were standing on the doorsteps. There were warm lights coming from inside and I could almost smell dinner. My heart began racing at a faster rate; I was about to see the faces that I missed so so much. I raised my arm and knocked on the door. 

"Honey, get the door for me!" The sound was muted but I could easily recognise my mum's voice. I gasped and Draco put his hand on my shoulder, gently patting me.

"Who is it?" I heard my dad's voice approaching closer and closer... then the door opened.

The door opened and my dad was standing right in front of me. I opened my mouth but no words came out of it. I felt a lump in my throat and I could feel the tears welling up.

"...Hi, dad." He seemed thrown aback. His eyes were moving fast in disbelief.

"Oh, my god," he stepped closer and touched my face. He began breathing heavily, "my little princess."

"Darling, who is it?" Then my mum appeared from the foyer. When she saw me, she froze.

"Mum..." I called her.

"Oh! My baby!" Mum then came running to me, pulling me into a tight hug. "You..." she pulled away to take a look at me, unable to finish her sentence. She hugged me again, patting my head softly, "we missed you so much."

"I missed you too," I spoke and dad joined the hug.

"Well... who is this young man here?" Dad noticed Draco who was watching us silently.

"Mum, dad, this is Draco Malfoy. Draco, my parents," as I spoke, Draco stepped forward.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Draco politely held out his hand. But my dad seemed wary and Draco added, "...classmate, sir." 

"Ah-" Dad shook his hand and mum stared at me suspiciously.

"He's my... boyfriend, actually," I chuckled nervously.

"Of course, why would you bring a 'classmate' all the way from Hogwarts?" Mum laughed.

"Wait, so you know about... Hogwarts?" I asked.

"Sweetie," mum smiled and held my hand, "let's talk inside, we were just about to have dinner."