Chapter 67: Killed me sweet

– Draco's pov –

"Wha– what are you doing here?" I asked, surprised, following Rolf hurriedly inside the castle.

"I wanted to fight for Hogwarts," said Rolf, putting a suitcase in his hand on the floor. As he opened the suitcase, I saw a ladder leading down to a hidden space that was formed by the "extension charm" that Hermione talked about. I stared down, shocked, my breathing still heavy.

"Are you coming down or not?" Rolf shouted and he was already at the bottom of the ladder, staring up at me.

Soon I reached another ground beneath the suitcase, another world full of mystical, magical creatures. The view was truly mesmerising and it totally made sense to me why so many witches and wizards desire the suitcase. 

"This way!" But Rolf's shout reminded me of the reason I was in there. He hurried his steps and I followed from behind. We sprinted until we reached a giant tree. 

"This... must be... Neshama." I spoke, panting from running. Rolf silently nodded, panting as well.

 Rolf silently nodded, panting as well

Neshama was remarkably enchanting. The aura enclosing the tree was so marvellous yet inexpressible.

"Well... what do we do first?" I asked, firmly grasping the soul trap. Rolf hesitated.

"Rolf..?" I asked again.

"I think maybe open the soul trap and show it to the tree..?"

"'I think maybe'?"

"I told you before I don't know everything! We just gotta give it a go."

"Give it a go? I thought you– you should have convinced your mother to tell you!"

"You are in no position to be talking to me like that," Rolf scoffed. "I am secretly helping you and by doing so I am literally running the risk of losing my family's heirloom and this is madness! Some sorcerers must have already noticed the presence of this suitcase and soon enough they will begin hunting down. So whatever we decide to do we must do it right now and make it fast," Rolf blurted out in frustration. "It's better to try and... fail than never to try at all, Malfoy."

"...You're right," I stared down at the soul trap. I carefully stepped towards Neshama and placed the soul trap on the ground, in front of the blue flames burning magically inside the trunk. 

Then suddenly, with a loud whooshing sound, Neshama began moving. I watched it nervously and the ground started shaking as if there was an earthquake.

"Draco! Watch out!" Rolf pulled me and just as he did, Neshama's root explosively soared up from the ground right beneath the ground where my feet were a second ago. I gasped and we stumbled backwards.