Chapter 56: I miss you

– y/n's pov –

"Why do I feel like I know you?"

"...It's because you probably do." Draco mumbled and he suddenly opened the cell door and... pulled me in.

"Hey!" I was now in the cell with this stranger, and in his arms. Shock crossed my face and my mouth dropped open slightly. I mean I thought he was supposed to be locked up! 

I fought but he didn't let go of me. He then caressed my face with his hand, staring down at me. Strangely, I suddenly lost all my urge to fight back. I almost became breathless as his startling eyes pierced through mine... Snap out of it, Y/N! I pulled myself away from him. I stared at him, stunned.

"I'm sorry..." Draco whispered.

Then I ran out of the cell to go back to my dorm. As I sprinted towards the staircase, I looked back and saw him staring at me... pleadingly.

I spent the next day replaying what happened last night over and over in my head. I couldn't concentrate in classes and my head was filled with questions. 

I struggled to fall asleep. His face when I ran away... I kept seeing it and I don't know why but I felt anxious and sad. I checked the time and it was 2 a.m. I must find out.

"Okay, who are you? How do you know me? What are you doing here?" I blurted out questions as I stood in front of the cell.

"...Jeez" Draco's drawling voice spoke. 

"You're back." He slowly got up from his bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Yes I'm back and I need you to answer my questions." I spoke firmly but as he approached the cell door I winced.

"We can chat." Draco spoke softly, and opened the door inward. He then turned around to sit on his bed. 

"I... think I'm comfortable chatting here." I stood awkwardly, hesitant to enter the cell. 

"I don't bite." He muttered and smirked at me. I nervously chuckled and sat down on the floor in front of the cell.

"If you must... " Draco didn't comment further.  

– Draco's pov –

Last night, I couldn't hide my relief to see Y/N alive and well. I hugged her, which I shouldn't have done because... she doesn't remember me. But she came back. I cannot explain how happy I was to see her back.

"Who are you? Not like name but why are you down here... alone?" Y/N asked and I simply didn't know how to answer it.

"Who do you think I am?"

"No answering with a question, please." She complained. Merlin, I missed that cute annoyed face...

"...You might want to run away again if I tell you." I tried hiding the sadness in my voice. 

"I still want to know." Y/N responded. Then I rose from the bed and walked to sit on the floor, to face her. She gulped as I did.

"I'm a criminal," I paused to see her reaction and she seemed slightly agitated.

"You're not a criminal." Y/N talked warily.

"Really? Why do you think so?" Her response was unexpected but I was glad she said that.