Chapter 17: On My Bed

– y/n's pov –

Transfiguration was interesting. It was a fun subject. Except that I didn't have my textbook because my school bag was missing (I went back to the Potions class and even visited Snape's office but I couldn't find it). And also that I couldn't really concentrate with Draco glaring at me. He didn't force me to sit with him this time, I mean it seemed like he didn't want to talk to me at all, but it would have been better if he just did that instead of beaming at me the whole time.

When the class ended, I was going to ask Draco about my school bag but Professor McGonagall called me.

"Miss Lascelles, come here,"

I walked towards her desk and she asked in a charismatic voice.

"Where was your book?"

After a long talk with her, more like a long reprimand from her, Draco was already gone. I had Library next and it was basically a "free time" as Kyle said, so I just decided to go to the common room to rest. I needed to find my school bag, but I got too tired.

I walked down the stone steps, which descended deep into the dungeons. I didn't really know when I was walking with Draco or Amber, but it was a bit unnerving to be alone in a dimly lit corridor that led to the common room. There were quite a few narrow passages linked to the corridor.

Then suddenly, a cold hand from one of the passages forcefully dragged me towards itself and threw me against the wall. This happened so quickly, and I let out a sharp scream until its other hand was put on my mouth. I had my eyes tightly closed and I thought it must be Draco.

It was when I slowly opened my eyes that I realised it wasn't him. It was someone else, a complete stranger who wasn't even wearing the uniform. His vicious eyes petrified me. My entire body began shaking. I could feel his unpleasant breath on my ear, and he licked me with his tongue as he slowly moved down. Then I heard a loud yell.

"Stupefy!"

The man in front of me was now stunned. My legs weakened and I plumped on the cold, hard floor. Someone came running to me but I fainted.

"Y/N!"

An echoing voice calling my name was the last thing I could remember.

– Draco's pov –

I left Transfiguration class early because Dumbledore before asked me to meet me in his office. Thanks to him that I didn't have time to talk to Y/N, because I might have let out my temper at her again in a bad way. If it were someone else, I wouldn't have cared much but hurting her didn't feel right. This did not mean I wasn't angry at her, though, I tried my best keeping it to myself.

When I met Dumbledore, he made an unexpected request.

"Could you be Y/N's tutor and give her flying lessons?"

We only have flying lessons in the 1st year, which she obviously missed, and someone had to teach her.

I don't even know how to start talking to her again. How am I supposed to give her flying lessons?

"I recall you accompanying her all the way to my office yesterday and you are quite a brilliant Seeker in your team," Dumbledore then added, giving me his typical gentle smile. He noticed the disturbed look on my face.

"If you don't want to, can you ask someone else for me like... Kyle?"

"I'll do it" The thought of two flirting again made me feel uneasy and I am a much better flyer than Kyle.

I headed down to the common room. I had Library and wanted to rest. My eyes then caught someone walking in front of me on the long corridor. It was Y/N.

Her long hair was still in a braid, just a lot more loose. I wasn't in the mood to talk to her so I turned back to go somewhere else. Then I heard her scream.

"Aaah!"

I quickly turned around to see her but she was out of sight.

What?

I darted towards where she was standing before and felt something on the side. When I looked at the narrow passage beside, Y/N was there with a man grabbing her wrist against the wall, whose head was buried in her neck. She was shaking. Without much thought, I took out my wand and pointed at the man, shouting:

"Stupefy!"

The man froze in action and Y/N fell to the floor. I ran to her and she had the same petrified look that she showed me last night. She soon fainted and I pulled her into my arms before she hit her head.

I looked up at the guy who was stunned and I recognised his face. He was the Slytherin student who was expelled from Hogwarts for sexual assaults last year. I lifted Y/N up and carried her to the common room hurriedly, so I could report him before the spell wears off.

"Pure-blood!" I yelled at the door.

Dammit! Why is this door bloody slow? I entered the room through the small gap as I couldn't wait for the door to fully open.

Luckily, there was nobody in the common room. People would have been so annoying if they'd seen us. I wanted to bring her to her dorm, but didn't know where her room was and plus if I meet someone in there, I was certain she would misconceive and accuse me of sexual abuse.

I headed towards the boys' and carried her to my dorm room. I knew she would hate me when she wakes up and finds herself in the boys' dorm, but this seemed like the best option. 

I don't share my dorm with anyone so she should be fine. I placed her gently on my bed and pulled my dark green cover on her fragile body. I sat down on the edge of the bed, gazing down at her.

"I'll be right back"

I whispered, feeling reluctant to leave her here alone to go report to Dumbledore. Then, she mumbled two words, suddenly pulling my collar towards her.

"...Kill me."

My face was now very close to hers. She still had her eyes closed but a tear ran down her cheek. It seemed like she was having a bad dream. She removed her hand from my collar and gently touched my face. As her warm hand slowly moved down, I grabbed it.

"Y/N? Wake u-"

I was going to wake her up from her dream but I was soon interrupted when she grabbed neck and pulled it closer to her, making my lips meet hers.