Chapter 64: Test

– Draco's pov –

Once we were in my room, I had slammed the door and kissed Y/N's mouth ravenously, devouring her neck, earlobes, chest. 

I lifted her skirt as she stood with her back to the wall and soon had my fingers between her legs. "Come to me," Y/N whispered, her breath hot in my ear. 

Y/N touched my neck, the softness of her fingertips raising tingles along my skin and spreading throughout my body, bringing a spike of pleasure to my centre. "What kind of spell have you cast on me?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. 

"The same kind you've cast on me." Her fingers moved up to my cheek, softly caressing. I lifted her up and placed her on my bed. Chuckling, she asked "What's your plan?" 

Taking my place on top of her, I settled myself between her legs. I kissed her ear, as I said "for you?"

"For me." Y/N answered, plastering her mouth on mine and kissing me in a way I'd never thought possible, with her hips moving against mine. As she struggled, and blushed and moaned beneath me, I mounted her, slowly. 

Y/N was twisting from one side to the other, her hands gathering up the soft sheets at her sides into knots, and it seemed her whole body grew pink. The sharp pain I had once endured was a distant memory, and nothing, absolutely nothing in this world, felt as good as the sensation of Y/N slowly sliding with me.

Running my hand over her upper body, I spoke "This?"

Y/N chuckled softly, still panting "No, to save me."

I slowly kissed her chest, saying "I'm going to exchange Voldemort's soul for yours."

Moaning, Y/N asked "Is that why you went to see Scamander?" 

I continued the kiss "Yeah, he gave me the soul trap."

"Where is it?" Then I sensed something weird in the tone of her voice. My face body stiffened and I quietly stared at her.

"Come on, babe, I just want to see." Y/N smiled.

"Okay, I'll show you." I walked out of the bed and approached my drawer. I carefully opened it and...

"Revelio!" I pulled out my wand and shouted at her. Y/N's lips curled into a smirk and soon she vanished into thin air.

Panting, I abruptly woke up. What was that? Someone was... definitely trying to know what we are up to. Does this mean Voldemort knows..?

Then I heard my eagle owl hitting its beak on my room door. When I walked out of my bed and opened the door, it entered flapping its large wings fiercely.

"It's midnight what are you doing–" Then it dropped a roll of parchment on my bed.

"What is this?" I unrolled the parchment and I could recognise the handwriting straight away. It was from mum and it read:

Dear Draco,

I hope you've been safe and well. 

Our Dark Lord was furious about your behaviour against him in the past yet his mercy has given you one last chance and you've successfully proven yourself worthy.

What..? My brows furrowed in confusion. I continued to read.

Y/N was your test and you passed it. Our Dark Lord was very pleased to see that you are not weak, that you are capable of cursing your loved one. He may have threatened you but everything was a test.

My heart dropped. My hands began trembling and I became short of breath. "This cannot be true."

Your father and I want you home for the summer so don't be afraid. You are safe with us.

I miss you, darling. Hopefully, I will see you back home tomorrow.

Love,

Mum

My entire body heated up with irresistible anger. "Test? Test!" My hand curled into a fist and I threw the parchment across the room. I knocked off all objects from my desk and my owl flew away swiftly, surprised by the thundering noise.

I screamed in pain. My teeth clenched, rage exploding violently inside me.

The thought of going back to them was tormenting. The fact that I had the soul trap and the fact that I just had the weirdest dream, which gave me this disturbing feeling that someone was watching me, made me nervous. 

But I couldn't care less. I punched the wall until I saw blood. I am going back. I'm gonna go back and watch the death eaters closely... I will kill Voldemort.

"Oh, Draco... my little boy." Mum ran to me and gave me a tight hug as I entered the gate of our manor.

"I've been worried sick. You will be safe with us now." 

I spent the next 10 months, almost a year, in agony. But I never showed it, though I did cry in silence at night from time to time. I didn't go back to Hogwarts, I stayed as quiet as possible, pretending to study dark magic in support of the Dark Lord.

The death eaters didn't really care about me. I was just a quiet, daunted kid in their eyes; I mean hopefully, because I constantly and secretly wrote letters to Kyle asking him about the progress they made in destroying the Horcruxes, and also to inform them about my possession of the soul trap.

But my letters never reached them. My owl always came back and it appeared that they were nowhere to be found. I understood though, because the death eaters were eager to find them and hand them over to Voldemort "to show loyalty". It was frustrating as I wanted to warn them and give them a heads up about potential dangerous encounter planned by the death eaters but it seemed impossible.

Then it was Easter, the beginning of our lethal game.