Chapter 68: Ending

– y/n's pov –

It felt like I'd been asleep for a very long time. Our lips asked to be together again and it felt dreamy.

We pulled away and Draco stared down at me, shedding tears, yet smiling brightly. 

"Oh Merlin," his voice cracked and hugged me back tightly. Then over Draco's shoulder, I saw Harry, Hermione, Ron, Amber, and Kyle. My friends. Hermione was on the verge of tears, grinning. I smiled at them.

"How did you..." I whispered, looking up at Draco.

"We got some help," Draco's whispering voice still trembled. He then turned to look at someone who was standing awkwardly behind us. I shifted my eyes to him and he nervously waved his arm. I smiled and nodded to him to express gratitude.

"I missed you, Y/N..." Draco caressed my cheek, "I missed you so much, it hurt..." tears were falling from his eyes. 

"It's okay, I'm here now..." I brushed the tears off his face carefully, "thank you for not giving up on me."

Then I walked towards Hermione and Amber. Amber threw herself at me and we hugged.

"This is unbelievable," Amber chuckled and Hermione joined the hug. 

"You don't know how much time I spent to bring you back!" Hermione grinned.

"Thank you, really," I smiled and Harry approached, stretching his arms and hugging the crowd of us. Kyle joined as well and we all giggled.

"I can't breath!" Hermione laughed. 

"Hey, hey! That's enough," Draco parted us apart and we all laughed.

Then I realised how they were all covered in dust and blood. "Are you guys alright? What happened?"

"Oh, a lot happened," Kyle chuckled. Then I turned to the shy boy, the helper.

"Right, um– what's your name?" I asked, walking towards him.

"I– uh... Rolf, Rolf Scamander," he was stuttering, chuckling awkwardly. 

"If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have been able to see you again," Hermione spoke, dragging him closer to us. 

"I don't know how you did it but..." I grabbed his hand with both my hands, "thank you Rolf and it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Y/N Lascelles." 

"Oh, I know exactly who you are," Rolf murmured and became rigid, his face turning rosy.

"Um... is he okay?" I asked, concerned, quickly letting go of Rolf.

Draco stood beside me and grabbed my hand, giving him a 'she's mine' glare. I smiled at him.

"I feel like I'm having a heart attack. Oh merlin, I gotta head back home," Rolf still stuttered, smiling awkwardly. 

"ROLF SCAMANDER!" Then suddenly a loud raging voice yelled, approaching us.

"Uh-oh," Rolf whispered, horror-stricken. I looked at the direction from which the voice was coming and soon a woman appeared behind the bushes. She stamped towards us and stood right in front of Rolf.

"Oh, ROLF!" The woman seemed furious and there was a scary silence. Rolf stared back at her, frightened, stepping backwards slightly. But soon, the woman hugged Rolf tightly.

"My little boy," she sighed. "You're safe!" she pulled away and observed Rolf's face with her hands on his cheeks. "I thought you were dead until I saw the suitca–" then the woman noticed us. She looked back and forth from the giant tree to... me, shocked. "Wha– How?"

Rolf sighed in relief, "guys, this is my mum and mum, this is Y/N–"

"Lascelles! So, she's the one who–" She looked at Hermione who waved at her, awkwardly smiling. Mrs. Scamander seemed thrown aback, "how?"

"I'm sorry mum... look, I just wanted to help them," said Rolf, "well, you lied saying there's more steps to bringing a soul back but... we did it!"

"No, I did not lie," Mrs. Scamander frowned in confusion, "there's more than just the soul trap." Her eyes then caught Draco whose eyes were slightly bloodshot, and then his hand, which was locked in mine. "Oh..." it seemed as if she'd realised something.

"You can't just tell Neshama which soul you want to bring back and I suppose you have easily carried out that tricky communication," said Mrs. Scamander, facing Draco.

"Sorry?" asked Draco.

"Tears, they work like a compass, directing at a specific soul," Mrs. Scamander smiled. "You must have been really desperate for her."

"Well, thank you for telling us now, I thought I failed," Draco blurted bitterly.

"Draco!" I whispered, stopping him from acting impolite. He looked at me and sighed.

"What a perfect pair," Mrs. Scamander laughed and then suddenly stopped. "And still, you should not be proud of hiding such thing from your mother," she glared at Rolf. "Everyone, out of the suitcase! Now!"

"I'm so excited, you guys have no idea how long I've been waiting for today!" Hermione chuckled, walking with Harry and Ron in front of me and Draco. It was the first day of our 7th year at Hogwarts. Amber, Shane, and Kyle managed to graduate last year so they weren't coming back. 

"It feels so empty and... weird without them," I spoke, entering the castle with Draco. His arm was wrapped around my shoulders.

"It does, besides, we have to spend a year with those annoying 6th years," Draco scowled.

I stopped in front of the Great Hall gate. "Babe, just don't care about them," I looked up at him, smiling. "It'll be just us two."

Draco stared down at me and kissed my forehead, "it's going to be the best year." He smiled.

Then we entered the Great Hall, walking down the long path down the Slytherin table together, while enjoying the whispers and cheers from every corner. I looked up at him again and he looked back at me. He pressed his lips against mine lightly and we smiled at each other.