Chapter 24: Diagon Alley

– y/n's pov –

"Where were you last night???" Amber asked me when I got back to my dorm room.

"Uh... I fell asleep... somewhere else." I nervously chuckled and she gave me a suspicious look.

"Don't tell me you... Did you.. You slept with him???" At her remark, the two other girls Amber told me very briefly about turned to look at me. And they... glared at me.

"No, no! I did not sleep with him." I sighed and Amber let out a huge sigh as well.

"Well that's good. I told you to not be involved with him because..." She then nodded towards the girls subtly.

"It's not just him. Things around him will make your life much harder and I mean it." Amber advised me.

"Yea, no, ugh of course." I understood what she meant and we headed down to the Great Hall to join Kyle and Shane.

"So where did you sleep last night?" Kyle had his typical smile put on, but he somehow sounded a bit... cynical.

"Of course in our dorm, Kyle." Amber answered for me and Kyle smiled in response. Thank god Draco skipped his breakfast, it would have been really awkward. He didn't ask further.

"By the way guys, it's Sunday and I want to do something fun. Any ideas?" I asked.

"I would suggest going to Diagon Alley but... Aren't you hung over??" Shane chuckled.

"Uh... I don't think so, surprisingly." I replied. I was, indeed, quite surprised. I had completely forgotten that I was drunk last night... Maybe because my head was on something else that happened last night... Then I suddenly remembered Draco's remark: "I'll take you to Diagon Alley."

"Wait, Diagon Alley?"

"Yea, it's like a town with shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, and everything" Amber explained to me.

"Can we go today???" I asked, thrilled, but my friends seemed to be feeling the opposite.

"Sorry, my head's still pretty dizzy. I promise I'll go with you next weekend." Kyle put on an upset face. Then Amber and Shane all looked at me the same way.

"Alright, next weekend it is." I smiled at them then somebody tapped me on my shoulder.

"I think I can take you today." It was Cedric.

"Cedric!" I smiled brightly at him. I really wanted to go to that Diagon Alley place everyone has been talking about - even during classes, I noticed some students passing notes that read "Diagon Alley this weekend!".

"Hey Y/N, I was just checking in, heard that you got really drunk last night."

Woah, words travel fast here, I thought.

"Words travel fast here" Cedric always seemed to be able to read my mind somehow.

"The train leaves at 12 so I'll see you then?" Cedric asked in his gentle voice and I heard someone else answering for me.

"Certainly." Draco was standing behind us. I blushed very slightly as his face reminded me of last night. He seemed pretty casual, though, unlike me.

"I guess... We can all go together..?" I suggested and both of them turned to glare at me.

"Sure, I'll see you guys then." Cedric forced a smile on his mouth and left. I thought maybe they could be friends too..?

 ✧