Chapter 38: Sapphire

– y/n's pov –

The book was titled "Book of Darkest Spells"

"Yes, that will allow us immense fun but also immense danger." I spoke cautiously.

"But you already seem... enticed." Draco saw through me. I coughed awkwardly and he patted my head.

We were now sitting on the floor, skimming through the old ancient book. 

"Now, that's cool." I pointed at the spell 'Protego Diabolica'. Accordingly, it was a powerful incantation that creates a massive ring of fire around the caster.

"'Any of the caster's enemies that come in contact with the fire ring will be incinerated, but his allies can pass through the flames unharmed.' That is cool." Draco read out the description.

"Look! This one! Fiendfyre? It's a cursed fire and it says... 'It consumes everything in its vicinity and twists into terrifying creatures.' Wicked!" I whisper-shouted and I wasn't aware of how excited my voice sounded.

"Y/N, I didn't expect you to be such an ardent fan of dark magic." Draco chuckled and added. 

"Hopefully you won't be using any of these in real life."

"No. Hopefully, these will protect me someday in real life." I corrected him. Draco then looked up at me and silently stared for a while.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked. He raised his hand and touched my face.

"...You say that as if something's gonna happen to you." Draco's voice was saddened.

"The peril, Draco. It's not just me who feel it coming. You feel that, too. Ever since I came here was a succession of events that made me feel so... precarious. Krum's words, the Triwizard tournament, the voice, the dream-" I paused as I remembered that I chose not to mention the "dream" in front of him. 

"Dream?" asked Draco.

"I-" I shouldn't tell him... Right?

"Y/N, what dream? What happened?" Then the images of the dream that conjured up in my head made me wince and gasp. Draco's cries, me lying in his arms as if I was... dead.

"Y/N..? Are you okay?" His miserable face in my dream overlapped with his worried face that was right in front of me at the moment.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. Don't try to think about it." He then pulled me into his arms and tightly hugged me.

"Draco... I-" No, I think I should tell him.

"I think I should tell you... about the dream." I pulled myself slowly away from his arms and stared into his eyes. 

"I... No, we. We were in this... chamber." I let out a deep sigh. Draco held my hands.

"You were... holding me. You were -" I gulped. 

"-crying with me in your arms and I... I..."