Chapter 12: Good Morning

– y/n's pov –

"Hey... Hey!" A voice was echoing from distance then became clearer.

"Wake up!"

I opened my eyes and saw a curious girl, neatly dressed in her uniform, looking down at me. I got up swiftly, surprised.

"Hi! I'm Amber. Amber Brown." A girl with the voice who woke me up smiled widely at me, holding out her hand to me. She must be one of my roommates.

"Y/N Tay... Lascelles." Still struggling to fully wake up from my sleep, I shook her hand gently. Amber had a medium-length dark brunette hair with a fringe. She had kind and beautiful hazel eyes.

"I know. There's two other girls, Sylvie and Ceci, I mean Cecilia, but they already left so,"

Amber was a bit talkative but I'm not that talkative, so it was a perfect balance. But out of all, she didn't hype over my "Lascelles" background and didn't ask me anything about my past. I was thankful.

On our way to the "Great Hall" – as Amber called it – for breakfast, she filled me in with all the details about Hogwarts (things like Houses, rules, classes, etc) that Draco didn't care to tell me about yesterday... Draco...

I almost passed out after the traumatising time at midnight with him. It wasn't 100% his fault since there was someone else stirring up trouble in my head, and I felt bad that I had to leave things off like that with Draco. Though we definitely didn't consider each other a good friend, I did feel some sort of a connection with him during that short period of time that we spent together. I felt the need to talk to him.

When we entered the Great Hall, she told me about all the "important figures" pointing out each amongst the crowd.

"She's Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor, Deputy headmistress, and teaches Transfiguration." She was talking about the lady who put the "sorting hat" – this is how Amber called it – on my head. Just like that, she told me about all the professors.

As she talked, we sat on the table along with the other Slytherin students. My eyes scanned the table, but Draco wasn't present. I simply got over it and shifted my attention back to Amber.

"...and that's Harry, the boy who lived," I remembered Draco talking about Harry before. Amber then paused and looked at me as if trying to see if she made a mistake through that "who lived" part. I don't know how well, but she certainly knew about my past. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"And perfect timing. Here comes the Slytherin prince, Draco Malfoy." I turned my face to the Hall entrance and saw Draco approaching the table. His platinum hair was nicely combed to the side. I would have felt really bad if he didn't show up.

"Prince? That is so cringey." I chuckled.

"Oh, I mean look at him. He's tall, he's handsome, but he basically treats everyone like they are less than him so it's quite a fitting nickname. You wouldn't want to be involved with him. He could make your life much more difficult." Amber spoke in a warning voice.

"Oh, and do you see that girl next to him? That's Pansy Parkinson, second reason not to go near Malfoy. Parkinson has the biggest crush on him, it's almost scary. And she's a sucker for him and I mean, quite literally." I made a disgusted look and Amber laughed.

"I'm close with his other friends, though. They are actually really nice. The one with short straight black hair, right next to Malfoy, his name is Kyle Nott. Many girls fall for his green eyes. The messy brown hair one across him is Shane Avery. They all come from families of the Sacred Twenty-Eight. True pure-bloods. But still, if I were them, I wouldn't want to put up with Malfoy." As Amber continued with her Hogwarts directory, I looked over at Draco.