Chapter 5: "Lascelles"

– y/n's pov –

I cautiously walked through the long, long pathway to the podium where Dumbledare was waving at me. I could hear whispers around and they were looking at me like I'm an animal at a zoo.

"Perfect timing, Lascelles. We were about to wrap up the sorting ceremony" As I awkwardly approached him, he talked to me in a delicate manner.

Did he just call me "Lascelles"? Then I remembered hearing the name somewhere else... In my dreams!

When the name came out of his mouth, the whispers in the crowd behind me grew louder. Most of what I heard was pretty much the same question.

"She's really the last Lascelles?"

At this point, I really lost track of everything. Who the hell is "Lascelles"? Then I politely spoke to the man standing in front of me.

"Um... Sir, I think you've mistaken me for somebody else. I'm not 'Lascelles'. My name is Y/N Taylor and I was brought here after taking -" I couldn't possibly say that I was kidnapped by a bird while napping.

"- uh that's not really important. I have to go back to where I was before I came here. Could you help me, please?" Dumbledare kept the same gentle smile, looking at me.

"This is where you belong, Y/N. Find me after the sorting ceremony and the feast so we can talk. Will you?"

Wait what? So he's basically saying that I need to stay, right? That is very helpful. And also, what is the "sorting ceremony"?

"But my parents will be worried, I'm supposed to be at this boarding school, and I don't have the slightest idea of where this place is and I'm a bit scared" I blurted out these words real fast.

"I will help you after the ceremony, Y/N. I promise." His gentle smile persisted, which drove me nuts.

Great. There's no other option for me. At least he said he would help so I should count on that... Right?

Then this old lady guided me to sit on the chair in the centre of the podium. Now, I was facing everyone in the crowd at the very front. My heart was pounding and I was so confused.

What are they trying to do to me?

"We will end the sorting ceremony after this lovely young lady. I suppose she's the last new student of the year." The lady spoke calmly, but her voice was charismatic and sharp.

So I guess this is some sort of a school. Hold on, what if they are some sort of crazy cult?

Then I remembered the magical creature, Phoenix, who led me to this place. I just hoped that I was having an extremely realistic dream because of my obsession with magic.

The old lady was now putting something on my head. Is that a hat? What is she doing to me?? 

Suddenly, I heard a voice from the object on my head that made me flinch a little again. I swear to God I'm going to die of heart attack if I stay here any longer.

"Y/N Lascelles... At last... There's talent, oh my goodness, yes – and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's – " While this living object on my head was singing in a hyped tone, I could feel the tension rising in the hall. It was silent until the hat shouted...

"Slytherin!" and one of the four crowds at the very right side of the hall started cheering crazily while clapping and shouting out my name for three bold times.