Game #13

CHRESANTO POV

I talked Gabriella into staying the night with me again after she went out with her girls. They haven't been hanging out with each other ever since school eneded, so I thought it was only fair to stop hogging her and let her have a little girl time for a while. But anyway. The other day when I said I was going to stop by the hospital to figure out if the baby was mine or not, I didn't. Only because my girlfriend was being stupid and I had to stick around her to help her get better. Her knuckles were sore and her face was too. She had a busted lip and her nose was even bleeding. Bre'l looked about the same though so clearly, the had a fair win. I just don't understand why Ella would even put herself in that kind of situation. Whatever could be wrong with her could be serious and she isn't taking it that seriosuly. I am because I do believe it's important since she's been bouncing off the walls lately. But who knows. We havent even gone to the doctor yet. "Good Morning." I said handing her a plate with bacon, eggs, and pancakes on it. I thought it would only be right to make he something to eat. I mean she was my girlfriend and I cared about her. Oh yeah, and I was her boyfriend. "Good Morning, baby." She said kissing my cheek. I gave her a weird look. "I think you missed my lips, Ella." I pointed to my mouth and she smirked before pecking my lips quickly. "Is this for me?" She asked looking at all the food that was in front of her face. I nodded my head smiling. "Yeah. I did good didn't I?" I asked her. She laughed. "Yes you did." Minutes later after talking, she started eating and the plate had nothing on it pretty fast. I was kind of shocked because I've never seem Gabriella eat so fast before. Never! "Well that didn't last long." I said watching her drink the orange juice I gave her. "Do you think I'm getting fat?" She blurted out. I wrinkled up my face. "Uh no. Your body is fine, baby." I said encouraging her to not worry about her body image that much. "Even if you gained a little weight, I'd still be here for you." I added. "You'd still be here for me? While I my ass starts to look like a giant pumpkin?!" She said getting a little defensive. "Well baby, if your ass get's that big then I'ma definitely be here for you." She rolled her eyes at me. Later on that day, we didn't do anything but run around the house like little two year olds. I enjoyed being with her though. She just made me smile a lot. But the plan was to also stop by the hospital. I seriously wanted to know if this baby was mine. "Stop it!" Gabriella yelled as I tickled her. Her laugh was so worth hearing. "Fine." I said letting her go. I kissed her cheek when there was a knock on my door. I got up and went to the door and opened it. It was my mom. "Hey." I said putting my hands in my pockets. "Are we being too loud?" She shook her head. "No you guys are fine. But tell Gabriella that Ms. Garcia wants her to call or stop by the house. She also said it was important." My mom stated. "Did she tell you what's going on?" I asked getting a little worried. "No she didn't and it's none of my business anyway. Just tell her what I said okay?" With that being said, she walked away and I  turned around and looked at Gabriella. "What's going on?" She asked running her hands through her hair. "You better go home. Monse's mom needs to tell you something and she said it was important." "Really?" She asked checking her phone. I nodded my head. "She called me three times." "What do you think is wrong? Do you think it's about Monserratte or something?" She shook her head. "If it was about her then Davanna or someone would have called me. So it must be about something else. Will you come with me?" She asked. "Of course." I said. Then we left and drove to her house. The car ride was silent. Gabriella didn't do anything but stare out the window with her knees close to her chest. I know she didn't know what was going on but I guess she was still worried. So was I though. I was hoping it wasn't anything bad. "What's wrong?" Ella asked closing the door behind us as we walked into her house. Ms. Garcia ran up to us and hugged Gabriella. "Thank goodness you're okay." She said letting her go. Gabriella laughed a little. "Why wouldn't I be?" she asked before Ms. Garcia sighed. "Someone bailed you father out of jail, baby girl. I don't know who it was but he is out right now and I don't know why. His crimes were very serious so it must have been a lot of money if they are going to let a criminal like him walk around." I looked at Gabriella and I could see tears forming in her eyes. I don't know why she was so scared though. He doesn't know where she is. "It's okay, Gabriella. He isn't going to come anywhere near you." Ms. Garcia said trying to comfort her. "Thanks but you don't know him like I do. He will find me. He will and it's all because I got him and my mom arrested. It's all my fault." She said breaking down and crying. "No it's not. He would have been put behind bars even if you didn't call the police that day. Look, I'm doing everything I can to make sure they put him back where he belongs. So don't worry about this okay?" She didn't say anything so I just took her upstairs. It hurt to see her cry. Everytime she cried it took me back to the day I pushed her up agaisnt those lockers and put her in pain. "He's coming to get me." She said as I laid her down on the bed. "No he isn't, Ella. He isn't because I'm not going to let him. Do you hear me?" She looked up at me as tears fell down her face. "You don't know that. You really don't." She said shaking her head at me. I sighed. "Yes I do know that. I'm going to protect you okay?" She nodded her head and looked at the time. "Oh God, you have to go to the hospital" She said sitting up and wiping her face off. "The hospital can wait." I said looking at her. "No I'm fine. I know this is really important to you so let's just get it over with okay?" She grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the room. Next thing you know, we were inside a hospital room waiting for the doctor to come in with the results of the blood tests we took when the baby was born. It was kind of classified information whether I was part of it or not. But I told the doctors how serious this was to me and they didn't mind showing me the results today. "Okay. Your blood does not match the baby's whatsoever and I do not know why they told you it did." The doctor said looking through the papers on her desk. I sighed in relief and Gabriella hugged me. I was extremely happy the baby wasn't mine but I was also pissed the fuck off that the doctor's told me it was my baby. I'm about to find out now though. "I'll be back okay?" I said to Gabriella. "Where are you going?" She asked me. "To the bathroom. Just stay here." I lied. I was about to hunt the doctor down who said it was my baby and confront him about it. I searched the side of the hospital for women who are giving birth and eventually found the man. "Can I talk to you?" I asked him politley. He looked at me nervously and we walked to the hallway that was completely empty of patients and doctors. "Yes?" He asked crossing his arms. "Why did you lie to me and say that the baby that Brianna Petes had was mine? I'm Chresanto August and you told me that, that baby was my baby. Why?" I asked in frustration. He studied my face for a moment and nodded his head. "The tests don't lie, Mr. August." He said quickly. "I just talked to another doctor and they said the baby wasn't mine so tell me what the hell is going on!" I demanded. But before he could say anything, I looked at his name tag and it said Petes on it. I'm so stupid. It was Brianna's brother.