A Surpise At My Front Door

The wooden pencil dropped into the pencil case

The wooden pencil dropped into the pencil case. Zipping the pencil case shut, I shoved them into my backpack. Along with my notebooks and folders. Packing them away, I grabbed the strap of the backpack, swinging it over my shoulders. I felt Katsuki's eyes on me as I moved through the classroom towards the door. Yet he didn't make a move to stop me. I frowned as I stepped out of the classroom, sinking deep into my thoughts.

"[Y/N]."

Someone called out to me, stopping me from my tracks. Sighing I turned around, spotting my dad at the doorway. With a warped-up package in his hands. I cocked a brow at him, he grunted and signaled me to come over. I did walk over to him, he then placed the warped-up box in the palms of my hand.

"Give this to your mother. Tell her that she has my thanks for taking care of you for the next week. Also, tell her to stay safe and hydrated. I don't need another problem on my hands. You got that?"

I frowned, "If you cared so much for her why did you guys divorce in the beginning."

He placed a hand on my shoulders. He gave me an apologetic smile, which was well hidden from the class. I took a step back, kind of shock when I saw him smile at me. He only smiled once in a blue moon and I never thought it would be now. Retracting his hand back, he gives me a farewell wave. I returned it with a smile of my own and turned around, ready to return home.

"[Y/N]." I frowned and turned back around, feeling a bit paranoid. He chuckled at my expression and shook his head. "I better not see you in class for the rest of next week."

"Yeah, Whatever. Do you have anything else that you need to tell me? I don't want to go through the trouble of turning around again. It hurts my neck."

Once I confirmed that he had nothing to say. I cautiously took a step forward, snapping my head towards my father just in case he had something to say. I sighed in relief as I dropped my shoulders, I waved goodbye to him. I walked down the hall, just as I was about to turn to the corner. I heard my name being called. Letting out an annoyed sigh, I ignored him. Knowing if it was important he would directly call my phone.

Rushing down a set of stairs to the first floor to get out before another wave of students came rushing down. I breathe in the fresh afternoon air as I exited the school. All the stress I had felt this week had been lifted. Well, maybe not all of them but most of them. I raised a brow when I felt my phone vibrate in my pockets. Pulling my phone out, I glanced at the caller ID. I was worried when I noticed that my father had called me. Maybe it was important after all

.Pressing the answer button, I placed the phone beside my ear.

"Hello?"

"You forgot to say you love me."

I stand here dumbfounded as the line fell quiet. I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. My dad was really trying to provoke me. He was probably jealous that I got time off from the class of 'problematic kids'. Playing it cool, I released a sigh.