The Ball - Part 2

~WHO IS READY FOR THE REVEAL~

~this is it guys, this is what you've been waiting for this whole story... will all go as planned? Or will Lila Rossi intervene? Keep reading... 4 chapters left- and trust me... you don't want to miss the ending~

"What the HELL is she doing here?!" Ladybug hissed quietly into Chat's ear, keeping a smile on her face as she descended the stairwell in Chat's arm.

"I have no clue, we will deal with it later, cmon" He replied, continuing his wave to cheering members of the gala.

"wait" Ladybug stopped dead in her tracks, letting her smile fall as the cheering came to a stop.

"m'lady people are looking" Chat nervously laughed, trying to lighten the mood- which had flooded the hall quickly after Ladybug's pause.
The change in atmosphere cause Lila to finally draw her attention to Ladybug and Chat Noir, and away from her conversation. Chat looked over to Lila to see why Ladybug had suddenly stopped, and what he saw was the last thing he
expected.

"Kagami?" Chat asked. Panic now flooding his tone.

"i thought she moved" Ladybug asked, peeling her gaze off of Lila to look at a very stunned Chat... "and why's she with Lila?"

"i-i don't know" Chat said, eyes still fixed to Kagami.

On the dance floor Kagami was looking around her, assessing the situation. She was looking for Adrien. Next to her stood an all to proud looking Lila. She had that look plastered on her face, the look she had when she shunned Marinette infront of their class and caused her friends to turn on her. This look made Ladybug shiver, even with the warm magic of her new suit.

Almost simultaneously, both Chat and Ladybug regained composure and continued down the stairs. As they reached the bottom they mingled with some of the Mayor's associates before heading over to the gang of hero's. They would deal with Lila later.

"wow you guys look amazing" Ladybug said politely as she approached everyone.

"thanks!" said Rena, who took a sip of champagne from a glass.

"it was so much fun looking after our Kwami's... does this mean that after tonight we have to give them back to you again?" Carapace asked, looking over to Ladybug.

Swiftly, Ladybug grabbed the glass from Rena and sassily put her hand on her hip.
"you're underage" she said simply, ignoring the comment about keeping their miraculous'. If she was being honest, the responsible thing to do would be to take them back until they're needed again, but she couldn't tell them that- it would ruin their night...

"only you and him know that" Rena laughed back, nudging Carapace and letting out a little giggle. What she failed to mention is that it was her third glass, and for a 16 year old who had never drunk before- that was enough to make her tipsy.

"fine- then i need it more than you do." Ladybug replied, chugging down the rest of her glass.

"easy there m'lady" Chat chuckled, taking the glass from her. But Ladybug couldn't hold it in anymore. She grabbed Chat's arm and yanked him from the group...

"what the she doing here?"

"why would i know? i haven't talked to her since..." he drifted off  "aren't you two friends though?" he asked, diverting the conversation.

"well, it was uh, weird to say the least. She, she knew i-i l-liked you, so to start it was weird- but then we became friends. After she left i never reached out to her... i was just too busy between being the gardian, school, designing, defeating Hawkmoth and... L-Luka" she sighed. Although she felt guilty about not reaching out to her, she also was hurt that Kagami didn't do the same back. But why was she here? She didn't get an invite, and neither did Lila.