A Marichat Kiss to Remember {edited}

Chat noir thumped down onto Marinette's roof, leaning his body onto the cold, metal railing and looking out over the streets of Paris. It was about 7pm and the sun had start to set, the warm spring air brought up the sweet smells from the bakery below him and he hoped Marinette would bring him some of her blueberry macaroons like she had a few nights prior. Chat liked coming to see Marinette, she always seemed more comfortable around him than she did when he was in his civilian form, he blamed that on his poor first impression.

Ever since Akuma attacks became more frequent, Ladybug and Chat Noir agreed to patrol Paris on busy nights. Instead of sporadically attempting to coordinate patrols, they set up a schedule. It had definitely saved Chat more than a few times, having a set time to be somewhere really helped his lies sound believable. Chat shook his head, clearing his thoughts. Lying was one of the things he hated about being a hero. He couldn't reveal who he was, or his family and his friends could be in danger, and that was something he couldn't stand the thought of. Now, he looked forward to Wednesday and Friday nights, when he saw Marinette.

Chat was lost in his thoughts when he heard the skylight hatch swing open and saw a familiar head pop up.

"Mari," he exclaimed "Let me help you!" Chat grabbed the tray of macaron from her hands and placed them on her small wooden table, before turning to help Marinette out of the skylight hatch.

"Hey Chat! I brought some more macarons, my parents must think I have quite the appetite, eating so many of these every week!" Marinette let out a giggle, and a flush of pink covered her cheeks. 'Why do I feel like this?' She asked herself, looking over at Chat Noir. He was staring at her, with his piercing green cat eyes, and it felt like he could read her mind. She reached for the macaron tray, and almost dropped it at as she hurried to offer it to Chat.

"I-if you don't like the blueberry ones, there's strawberry inside- I just assumed that since last week you ate them that yo-"

"Mari-" Chat cut her off. Throwing a cheeky grin her way, he reached for a macaron and broke it in half. Marinette could feel her cheeks burning up. Ever since he started visiting, she had learned more about him- 'maybe I misjudged him' she thought as he offered her the macaron half.

"Thank you." Chat said softly, taking a bite into the sweet desert, his pupils widening as he tasted the sweetness on his tongue.

"How's patrol tonight?" Marinette asked curiously, her eyes caught on Chat's mouth as he bit into the macaron.

"Slow, it's a Wednesday after all- not a lot happens."

"Oh- so then why do you do it?" Marinette asked, distracted. Of course she knew why.

"Because when there's a problem, even if it's rare, someone needs to stop it. Besides- I get to see you-" Chat reached out and took Marinette's hand kissing the top lightly. Marinette wondered if she could love two people at the same time- two people so incredibly different, and so incredibly unavailable. She knew Chat's heart belonged to Ladybug, and Adrien's to Kagami, even if they were no longer together. Right now, she was confused by Chat's kind actions. She was use to his flirty comments by now- but nothing as sweet as this. He seemed so sincere, and it made her heart beat faster.

Chat noticed Marinette was lost in her thoughts and panicked. He felt guilty for flirting with Marinette when he was still in love with Ladybug. "I'm sorry," he sighed, his eyes fixed on Marinette, searching her face.

Marinette's eyes flickered to him. She assumed Chat loved Ladybug- and she was Ladybug, not that he knew. But Chat was standing right in front of her, and she felt that his flirting was genuine. She used the confidence she never had with Adrien to make her move. Marinette stepped towards Chat, now inches apart, and took Chat's hands and placed them on her waist. Chat's eyes widened as he looked down at Marinette's bluebell eyes glistening in the sunset, just like his Lady's. Marinette's hands trailed up his leather suit, coming to rest on his neck. She rolled  onto her tippy toes, brushing past Chat's rosey cheeks and whispered in his ear,

"Dont be."

Shivers rushed down Chat's spine, the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end. Chat felt a whoosh of air as Marinette pulled back, closing his eyes and wishing their moment of closeness could have lasted for a little while longer. He feels a tickle on his lips and opened his eyes to find Marinette's lips brushing his.

Their gaze locked, a single breath held between them- staring at each other, waiting for the other to move. Finally, Chat couldn't hold back his temptation any longer. He pulled Marinette to his body and placed a hand on her cheek, waiting for a sign. Marinette gave a slight nod, and faster than she could comprehend, Chat placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Chat moved his hand from Marinette's cheek to the back of her head before swinging her around and pinning her to the cold wall. Her head was cushioned by his hand, but the impact squeezed the breath from her lungs, making her gasp. Chat realized what he done and pulled back, flustered and embarrassed.

'Shit' He thought. 'It was an instinct I swear' He wanted to blurt out but instead, all he could get out was,

"It, sorry, an" Before making himself shut up.

"Are you okay?" He asked sheepishly. Marinette just smiled at him before shivering from the cold brick behind her.

"Yeah, just cold," she said, reaching out to hold Chat's hand. "Do you want to come in, we can talk and it's much warmer in there." Marinette asked, forgetting he was on patrol.

"I-" Chat doesn't want to turn her down but he knows his duties.

"I can't," he whispers. Marinette freezes. 'Of course, patrol! I'm so stupid! Oh my Go- it sounded like! No no no no' Marinette thought in her head.

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot you're on patrol!" She managed to say. Chat walked to the metal railing and turned back to give Marinette a cheeky grin,

"See you Friday, Princess," he said, before extending his pole and jumping away. Some thing about that nickname made Marinette feel gooey inside, and suddenly she fully realized what happened. She jumped back in the hatch, grabbing the full tray of macaroons on her way down.

"TIKKI!!" She exclaimed.