Thursday Morning - Adrien {edited}

Adrien

Adrien heard knock on his door and a cold voice called out,
"Adrien, i hope you're up, breakfast is on the table-". Adrien was awake for most of the night- thinking about what he had done the previous night. 'Did i really kiss Marinette?' he thought. 'What does this mean? Do, do I love her? No. I love ladybug. But then why would i kiss Marinette?'. Adrien started thinking about all the reason he had done it, love, hormones, friendship, or was he just caught up in the moment?

"This isn't right" he whispered to himself. Adrien was conflicted, he loved Ladybug but now Marinette had done something to him- something only Ladybug had ever done. Feeling guilty, Adrien decided to focus on the positives! He had his first real kiss! With his new found excitement he called out to Nathalie.

"I'll be down in a second" before heading to the door.

"Forgetting something?" a snarky voice called out.

"Come on Plagg, your camembert is downstairs with my breakfast" Adrien opened his bag, signalling Plagg to go inside.

"Adrien!!" Natalie called.

"Coming! I don't have time for this Plagg, get in" Adrien exclaimed.

He headed downstairs and quickly ate his food, slipping Plagg the cheese he was promised before running out of the door and flying into the car. Adrien had this new energy and excitement knowing soon he could see Marinette. Suddenly he realised that he had to see Marinette as Adrien- not Chat Noir. They pulled up to the school and he quickly ran into the bathroom to talk to Plagg.
"Shit Plagg, what if I forget how to act around her and she figures out i'm Chat Noir?" Adrien says with a worried look on his face. All Plagg could do was laugh, his once confient persona had whittled away, leaving a nervous Adrien pacing the school bathrooms.
"Look you'll be fine, just give her some camembert she'll love it. But not mine. you'll have to buy some". Plagg threw a cheeky wink his way,
"Plagg-" Adrien sighed, assuming Plagg doesn't care. Plagg noticed this and quickly wizzed up to face Adrien, he softened his look and began to say,
"look, you know she like you as Chat- so if you want to win her over, you've got to get her to like you as a civilian too"
"which i know you've already done" Plagg says under his breath.
"you're right!" Adrien exclaims. "If i act as i would when i'm Chat, maybe she'll like me more as a civilian!". Adrien's confidence rose to the surface again as he left the bathroom and headed towards class.

Swinging the door open his eyes were drawn to Marinette's empty seat...

"Is Mari late again?" he asks Nino.

"yeah dude, but we are all having lunch at the park together so we can chat to them then".

Nino had grown closer to Adrien recently- he was even allowed to visit Adrien's when his dad was having a good day. Nino enjoyed his company as he often spent most his time with Alya, so having a boys day was a nice break from that.

The two were interrupted as the class door swung open and two out of breath girls come crashing in.
"Girl next time i'm not waiting for you. We almost missed the start of class!" Alya exclaimed. Adrien saw Marinette giggle at her friends comment and he blushed as she walked past him to take her seat. He winked at her and she seemed to notice, giving him a quick smile. Nino noticed too.
"Dude! Did you just-"
"Shhhh!" Adrien quieted Nino and turned to face him. Nino noticed Adrien's flushed face and whispered,
"no way, you like Mari?"
"i mean, i'm not sure-" Adrien knew he had to choose his words carefully knowing full well Alya would find out what he says. And what Alya knows, Marinette knows.
"she's always really jumpy around me, i think i screwed things up with her the first day i met her- she must still think i'm an ass" he said, looking down at the bench with a worried expression. Nino knew this wasn't the case, but if he said anything he know he would either end up dead or worse- single.
"Adrien, look at the signs dude- why don't you asses the situation at lunch" Nino suggested.

Before Adrien could reply he noticed Alix, Rose and Juleka had rushed over to Marinette and Alya. They shared a few hushed words before braking out in laughter. Adrien panicked 'Shit. did they hear what we were saying' he thought. Nino picked up on this too, asking the girls
"what's funny" with a grin on his face.

"Oh nothing- Marinette saw something on her way to school and we got a bit excited, that's all" Alya replied, shrugging off the question. Reading her boyfriend like a book, Alya asked:

"Why? what're you two being secretive about" raising an eyebrow at the boys.

"Nothing!" they shouted in unison before swinging their heads back round to face the front.

"close one" Nino winked at Adrien, who held out a fist. The boys fist bumped and laughed as the class began.