The Final Battle - part 2

~hello everyone! just a little disclaimer that this will be a longer chapter than normal and will be quite heavy~

The pair followed hawkmoth into the mansion.
"where is everyone?" Ladybug asked- finding it unusual for the house to be empty.
"i'm not sure, but let's stay focused on Hawkmoth. Did you see which way he went?" Chat replied, trying to keep all of his thoughts at bay and focus on the task in hand.
"i'm not sure, be ready for anything Chat- let's go in here" Ladybug replied, signalling to his fathers office. Just as they opened the door the hatch on the floor seemed to close,
"what the hell? did you see that?" Chat said, hoping he wasn't loosing his mind.
"yeah..." She replied, they walked into the room and headed towards Emilie's portrait.

Ladybug inspected the floor while Chat became mesmerised by his mother's painting. Chat had never looked at the portrait close up, his father would never let him-
"where's Mr Agrest?" Chat asks "he never leaves his house since-" Chat paused "since his wife went missing"
"i'm not sure, somethings not right here Chat look." She nudged his leg and he knelt down to see almost a hexagon shape cut out on the floor.
"hold on" he said, standing up to face the portrait "look" he ordered. Ladybug stood and saw at what Chat was pointing at.
"buttons?" she questioned.
"only one way to find out" Chat forced a smile. before going to press down,
"wait!" Ladybug exclaimed. "Chat- what's wrong you're not yourself..." She sounded worried- her eyes plastered with anxiety locked with him. And just for a moment everything was still. They were there, together, and no matter how much they were feeling right now- anger, relief, anxious, excited- they had each other and everything would be okay.

"it's our last fight- promise me Ladybug, i'm not going to lose you." Chats eyes dropped to the floor,
"Chat-" Ladybug began
"please" Chat insisted.
"Chat- i promise, nothing will change." Chat's eyes rose to meet hers and he held out his pinky.
"pinky promise?" he asked with a grin
"there's my kitty" she smiled "of course" she replied, wrapping her pinky around his.
"one more thing" Chat said, bringing their linked hands to his mouth and kissing his thumb. "now you"
"What're you doing silly cat?" Ladybug protested.
"it's a kiss promise" Chats smile grew. Ladybug threw an eyebrow up as if to say 'are you serious kitty?'. "it means that if you ever leave me- you can never kiss me again"
"that won't be a problem" Ladybug laughed, kissing her thumb, pinkys still locked together, and proceeding to look Chat in the eyes he said,
"now this..." he bumped the tip of their thumbs together as if their thumbs kissed. Ladybug giggled before attempting to pull away, but somthing stopped her- Chats hand, on her hip. She blushed uncontrollably and looked at him. lust filled his eyes and a red blush creeped out from his black mask. they were only their a moment But suddenly something clicked in him and he let go of her.
"so uhm" Chat began
"the buttons?" Ladybug suggested. Her mind was confused and so was Chats- didn't their conversation the other day end with the unspoken pact not to date as hero's? didn't he love marinette? 'stay focused' their minds screamed at them and they seemed to jump back to reality together.
"yeah on three?" Chat continued.
"1..." ladybug began
"2... 3!" Chat yelled.

They jumped towards the wall as a small part of the floor seemed to open showing a large decent to what looked like a warehouse.
"what the hell?" Chat said. How did he not know about this? What was his father hiding?
"cmon, let's go" Ladybug put her arm round Chats shoulder and he flung his arm around her waist before extending his pole down into the warehouse and lowering the pair down.
"Over there-" Chat whispered, pointing at Hawkmoth, stood with their back to them. The two silently walked towards the friture, there were bushes as pure butterflies. 'A farm?' Ladybug thought to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted as Hawkmoth swung his head around- started
"surprise" Chat said- trying to hold it together.
"this is it Hawkmoth, give us your miraculous" Ladybug said, still approaching him with Chat by her side.
instead of replying the man jumped to the side, standing in front of a coffin like box. Ladybug and Chat froze, was there a body down here? Chats mind immediately went to his father and Natalie
"where is Mr Agreste and his family" Chat demanded. This tone took aback Ladybug- she had never seen Chat so serious, it was the perfect time to be acting this way luckily.
"you're trapped down here you know that?" Hawkmoth said, a smug look appearing on his face. The hero's looked at eachother, smiled, then looked back to Hawkmoth
"not a problem" Chat smirked.

They charged at him, Ladybug swung her yo-yo at him but he jumped out of the way, cracking the glass of the coffin.
"NO!" Hawkmoth yelled out, lunging at Ladybug she didn't have time to look at who was in there. Chat joined the fight with Ladybug before she was hit to the other end of the warehouse. Hawkmoth was weak, he knew he would lose, but he couldn't give up just yet- he had to fight, for Emilie, for Adrien... for- Natalie.

Just then Hawkmoth suffered a blow to the stomach and he was knocked onto his knees. Chat hit him with such force and anger that his pole swung and smashed onto the coffin, shattering the glass all over whoever was led inside.
"EMILIE" Hawkmoth screamed out, unable to move, voice trembling.
"what did you say" Chat turned to Hawkmoth, who looked away in shame. Chats heart thumped once. twice. thrice. his hands shook, breath feeling heavy and noticed the shuffling of feet as Ladybug approached and tied up Hawkmoth. but everything was muffled for Chat. Ladybug was talking to him but he couldn't hear it. not over his own screams inside his head. slowly he tuned his head, to look at the figure in the coffin. soft skin glistening under chards of glass, her blond locks draping down the side of her head, her delicate features capturing his eye- it was all too familier. it was his mother.
"mother?" he whimpered. his eyes stinging with tears he let them fall, mind racing with sadness before anger overtook him
"HOW COULD YOU!" he screamed- turning to face his father. the pain in his voice made Ladybug shiver and she stood there watching her parter crumble infront of her eyes. Hawkmoth didn't move, eyes pinned to the floor he let a tear drop.
"FATHER!" Chat yelled, collapsing to the floor, screaming in pain, tears flooding the ground.
"adrien?" Hawkmoth asked, raising his eyes to meet Chats- full of tears. Ladybug let out a gasp, 'Chat noir is Adrien? No... ...not the time marinette!' she scolded herself. Chat glanced at Ladybug, a plea of help written in his eyes, and she immediately yanked Hawkmoth up and pulled the Moth miraculous off of his chest. And their stood Gabriel Agrest.
"go" Chat muttered, Ladybug looked at him in concern. "GO!" he yelled. She flinched and decided she would come back to him later.

She took Gabriel up and out of the house where police cars were stationed- not saying a word to him and handed him over to the police.
"this is Hawkmoth- keep it quiet, anyone asks, say Gabriel was brought in for questioning as a witness- okay?" she whispered while looking around for press, seems the cops did a good job of keeping them away this time.
"got it malm, we will need you at the station as soon as possible" he replied. She gave a stern nod before rushing back in to find Chat.

She returned to the warehouse to find Chat had brushed the glass away from Emilie's face and was stood holding her hand.
"Chat?" Ladybug said softly. he didn't turn around.
"hey" he whispered.
"is she-" Ladybug began.
"she's dead." he said with a sigh. "look here" he said pointing to a book on the floor. Ladybug flicked open the first page

Emilie Agreste
Pronounced brain dead in a comatose state 19:47.

She didn't have to read anymore.
"Chat-" She lost her words, what was she meant to say to him? 'oh i'm sorry your dads kinda an evil villain and your moms dead' she felt awful, all she could do was comfort him- he wasn't looking for a solution. She reached out for his arm and he looked at her, his eyes filled with pain and betrayal he broke down into her arms. They fell to the floor, Ladybug's arms wrapped around his shivering body as he sobbed into her shoulder.
"it's finally over" he cried
They were like this for a while, holding eachother. before chat calmed and looked at Ladybug
"i'm okay- it's just a shock, everything will work out" he said, forcing a smile.
"cmon, let's go home" she said,
"Ladybug i-" Chat begun "this is-" he paused. this isn't how he thought he would reveal his identity to her, it was all wrong.
"Chat, let's go home" Ladybug insisted. Too tired to fight, a confused Chat followed Ladybug.

~hello! please let me know what you thought! i'd love to hear from you all! hope you're not crying your eyes out like i am!~