Late Night Talks

The rest of the evening was fun and bubbly. Alya and Nino asked to stay the night so that they would all be together ready for court tomorrow, and could spend potentially their last night with Adrien.
They played video games and ate late into the night. Around 3am Adrien and Marinette crept downstairs to get some water and when they returned Alya and Nino had fallen asleep, spread across the blow up bed and the sofa-bed. But they had taken Marinette and Adrien's places to sleep.
The plan (to keep things from getting awkward) was for Nino and Alya to share Marionette's bed, Adrien to sleep where he usually does and have Marinette stay on the blow up bed. But now things might be a little awkward to say the least.
"great" Marinette huffed, placing the drinks down on her desk, carful not to wake Alya and Nino up.
"i- i can sleep downstairs on the couch if- if you-ou want" Adrien whispered, he wasn't sure why he was stuttering. His mind was foggy and swamped with emotions of what was to come tomorrow, but the last thing he wanted was for Marinette to be uncomfortable.
"no no of course not dont be silly- we will be okay won't we" she smiled at him. She was more confident around him now and was able to talk to him almost like a normal human being. "they didn't even get into their pjs" Marinette whispered as the threw a large blanket over the two passed out teens.

She then climbed over her friends to Adrien's bag and thew him his grey joggers before taking her pjs out from her ottoman chest.
"thanks" he said as he leant against her desk, staring at her from across the room, Marinette's eyes widened and met his before she give him a wink. 'woah, where was all of this coming from?' she asked herself. He gave her a smirk and kept his eyes locked to hers as he grabbed his shirt and pulled it off over his head. Marinette's eyes trailed down his chest towards his abs, she had seen him shirtless the night before and was still flustered by the sight. She looked at him again and he still had a smirk plastered on his face. Marinette turned and started walking behind the changing partition, giving her hips some extra sway she removed her top just before disappearing behind the screen, allowing Adrien and quick glimpse of her bare back, with only a pink bra strap on show. He blushed as he watched her clothes be flung over the top of the screen. They finished changing and made their way to to Marinette's bed.

Marinette led down and Adrien instinctively snuggled into her, wrapping his arm around her waist and placing his head on her chest. She put her arm around him and started playing with his hair as she would when he was Chat. The arm around him rubbed his back and he pulled the covers up over them. They led there for a moment before Adrien let out a sigh.
"what's the matter kitty?" Marinette asked
"there's just so much going on in my head right now i feel like i'm suffocating" he let out, he wanted to talk to her all night and now was his chance
"talk to me" Marinette continued
"my Aunt, i love her but she reminds me of my mother so much it confuses me"

"that's something you'll get use to hopefully if you're seeing her more often"

"i guess, but then there's my mom- i haven't heard anything about what is going to happen to her and i'm worried sick"

"you're seeing Amilie tomorrow aren't you? why don't you ask her then?"

"i don't know if ill have the guts to"

"i can go with you, we're a team remember"

"thank you Mari- i, i cant thank you enough- really" Adrien let a tear fall but quickly wiped it away. He began to shake as he continued to expose his deepest thoughts to Marinette.

"what else is there Adrien?"

"Felix, he'll cause so much drama in our life if i live with him..."

"our life?" a smile crept into Marinette's face, he was already acting like they were married.

"well, if you want it to be ours?"

"about earlier..." Marinette began

" i'm sorry, i realise i never actually asked you to be my girlfriend- i just assumed that..."

"is that your way of asking me" Marinette cut in as Adrien looked up at her

"y-yes?" he said sheepishly. Marinette placed a kiss on his soft lips and whispered back

"well then i'm delighted to be your girlfriend" she teased, her heart flirting at her own words. Adrien was now calming down, he could talk to her, no judgment, no attachments. He could just be him.

"i love you Mari"

"i love you too" Adrien rested his head back down on her chest and Marinette continued to draw circles on his muscular back.

"where were we..."

"we were on... Felix" Adrien reminded her

"oh yeah, carry on"

"do you remember when him and Aunt Amilie came to visit me and then he tricked all of you?"

"hah, yeah i do actually"

"if i have to live with him... my life is going to be like that... he might not have changed"

"Adrien, that was a couple years ago now, i'm sure he has matured and so have you- if he's anything like he was back then, you tell me and i'll deal with him" She gave him a small squeeze with the arm placed around his shoulders

"haha thank you Mari... there's just a few more things playing on my mind... what- what do you think will happen to my father?" his voice shook

"honestly, i don't know- he will probably end up in jail if i'm being honest, but the law doesn't really talk about the punishment for being a supervillain" Marinette tried to lighten the mood with a joke but instead Adrien let out a quiet sob. She help him tight for a few minutes before he continued, this time his breath heavy and his voice trembling
"and Lila, she, she's just"

"nasty?" Marinette suggested

"well.. yeah... i don't get why she's after you i want to protect you" he let out another sob

"hey, shhh shhh, it's okay, let's focus on you for now, let me protect you"

"m'lady..." he sobbed into her. She was broken at the sight of him so vulnerable. She always saw him as strong, and Chat as witty. She wanted to help him but she couldn't, it wasn't up to her- she didn't want to let him go.

They fell asleep entangled in each other and didn't stir until an alarm on Alya's phone sounded. Today is the day. Marinette woke to Adrien snuggled in behind her, spooning her. His arm was wrapped tightly around her waist and she slowly turned her body to face him. He let out a small groan before pulling her in tightly, still not opening his eyes. Marinette giggled and placed a soft kiss on his lips
"good morning chaton" she whispered into his ear. He let out another small grunt. "not a morning person? noted." she teased. His grip around her waist tightened and he began smothering her face and neck in kisses
"Adriennnn stoppp" Marinette protested, letting out giggles she struggles to get out of his grasp. He finally opened his eyes and admired the way her hair fell over her face, she didn't wear her hair up to bed and it suited her. He brushed a piece of hair out of her face
"today's the day" he said in a low husky voice. Marinette blushed at the sound before replying
"we got this" She held out her fist and quickly, he bumped it

"pound it"

~hello everyone! sorry that these have been filler chapters, the next one is going to be rather emotional and long so i've tried to keep these shorter and ani-climatic in anticipation of the court date! keep tuned for the next chapter- you do NOT want to miss it ;)~