Court - part 1, The Statements

~hello guys! i have split this into two because they are very long chapters! let me know your thoughts throughout the chapter and i hope you enjoy this!~

"this is it" Marinette whispered into Adrien's ear as she gripped his hand tightly walking into the court room, following close behind Tom and Sabine. Alya and Nino walked beside them as the double doors swung open to an almost empty court room. There was a large stand at the back of the room, this is where the judge will be seated. In front of this, on each side of the room were old wooden tables, two chairs on the left and three on the right. Behind the divide, there were rows of empty chairs.

They made their way in and Sabine said hi to Amelie, who was stood talking to a lawyer- Felix glued to her side. Adrien's eyes settled on her, he shuddered at her appearance- she was just like his mother and for a second his mind wondered over the possibility of Emelie being stood there instead of her.
"Adrien!" Amelie yelped as she ran over to Adrien, wrapping her arms around him "i'm so glad you're okay, i'm so sorry hunny" she sounded anxious but tried to appear strong for Adrien
"thank you Aunt Amelie, lets just get it over with" he noticed Felix watching him from behind Amelie. Meanwhile, Marinette and her parents took a seat in the front row, and Nino and Alya settled down beside them.
Alya and Nino were about to find out that Hawkmoth is Gabriel Agrest, thee Gabriel Agrest- Marinette wondered how they would take the news but she was sure she could trust them, she just hoped Adrien trusted them as much as she did.

"hello Felix" Adrien held out his hand. But this time round Felix was the one to launch himself into an embrace with his only cousin
"Adrien, i'm so sorry" he pleaded. Felix was different, he was still formal and set in his ways, but Marinette was right, he had matured and gained empathy. Adrien relaxed into the hug before his attention flew to the door crashing open, there stood Chloe.

"Adrikins!" she exclaimed, running over to give him a hug
"h-hi Chloe" Adrien replied, giving his Aunt a confused look.
"We saw Chloe at the hotel, she's written a statement just like you asked Adrien and we gave her a lift to court today" Amelie replied.
"does she know-" Adrien began before Felix shook his head firmly. "thank you" he said to Chloe before she took a seat next to Nino.

He turned back to Amelie.
"Adrien, you have to know, the judge has looked over you case, and- and he is letting Gabriel attend the hearing..." His heart dropped. "he will be brought in shortly". Adrien couldn't reply. He was froze. He would have to look his father in the eye, the man who put him through all of this, that man who he was a perfect son to- despite him not giving two craps about him. How could he do this. He was going to break.

And with that the judge entered.

Adrien and Amelie took their seats on the right with Amelie's lawyer.
"we will begin shortly, we are just waiting on the arrival, of Mr Gabriel Agrest, in the meantime- prepare your statements" he looked over to Adrien and gave him a warm smile. But Adrien wasn't feeling warm at all, he knew what he had to do.

"your honour" Adrien stood "may i speak with you, in private" his voice shook
"Mr Agrest, your a minor, you have to be accompanied by your temporary guardian" Adrien looked at Amelie who nodded and stood before being interrupted by the judge again "Miss Graham de Vanily, i'm afraid you're not the current guardian of Adrien." Marinette's eyes widened as she realised who the judge was talking about, her parents. She glanced over to them and they seemed just as shocked.
"Adrien, do you want us to come?" Sabine's asked. Adrien looked to Marinette, she knew what he was going to do behind that closed door and it would most likely expose her as well, but despite this- Adrien was now her priority, she gave him a nod and he replied
"yes please"
They made their way to the private room and Adrien did nothing but say three words...