Court - part 2, The decision.

Everyone had left the room, to give them some space- including Gabriel.
Marinette managed calm Adrien down, after about 20 minuets of talking and crying he was finally ready to continue with the trial. But before Marinette went to go get her parents, Adrien grabbed her hand. She sat back down on the table which they had moved to, off of the cold floor.

"What's wrong Adrien?" Marinette realised the irony in her question as soon as it left her lips

"what will happen to me, if i get to stay in Paris?" He begun.

"what do you mean?"

"w-where will i go? i- wont have a family"

"Oh kitty" Marinette sighed. But he was right. He would most likely end up in foster care and then be tossed around from family to family...
"i'm your family"

"Mari- thanku bu-" Adrien was cut off

"and Nino, Alya, Chloe, the Kwami's, my parents... and even though it doesn't seem like it right now- i can assure you that every single person in our class is your family. We don't let out friends down Adrien- that inclues you." Marinette had to sound confident, she needed to be there for him.

"thank you- bugaboo" Adrien joked, trying to lift the mood.

"i told you not to call me that!" Marinette squeaked, trying to keep some sense of normality

"you sound like me" Tikki whispered, popping her head out of Marinette's bag.

"you love it when i call you sugarcube" Plagg teased, flying out of Adrien's shirt.

"shut up Plagg" Tikki giggled, before flying up to look Adrien in the eyes.
"this will work out" She tried to comfort him, but seeing the Kwami's added another layer to this whole mess.

"LB?"

"yeh?" Marinette was confused at the sudden mood change...

"well- i, if i, live with my Aunt- you need to replace me. You- you need to take Plagg b-back" Adrien looked down, ashamed at what he was saying. But he knew it was the right thing to do. The miraculous' should be in the same place, safe and together.

"WHAT NOOO!" Plagg protested

"Adrien- there is no on-" Marinette began, ready to fight him on this one.

"Marinette listen to me! It's not safe for you to be out there without a Chat Noir by your side, even if the main threat is in jail... And look at them, you can't make Plagg or Tikki leave the other" Adrien sighed.

"No Chat! I told you in NY and i'll tell you again! I can't be Ladybug without you! No one will ever be Chat Noir but you!" She protested. How could he be saying this? Even the thought of him being shipped off to London was soul crushing- but him not being Chat Noir? That was worse...

"Marinette-" Adrien tried again but she wasn't having any of it

"No Adrien! Just, promise me you'll never give up Plagg..."

"yeah!!" Plagg pipped in.

"but" Adrien said in defeat. She raises an eyebrow at him and he crumbled, she always got her own way
"i-i promise..."

"good kitty" She teased, giving him a pat on the head.

The Kwami's flew back to their hiding spots as Marinette went to go get her parents.Everyone was brought back into the room. Except this time Gabriel didn't return, only his family lawyer.
"where- where is he?" Adrien asked, turning to face Marinette behind him.
"i don't know- just wait" She replied.
Marinette was heartbroken- her witty and strong kitty was broken, and all because of what Gabriel had done. She was angry and upset, but refused to let her emotions get the better of her.

Adrien needed her, he needed his everyday Ladybug...

Then the juge entered. Adrien replayed the moment in his head when he first marched into the room. This time he was deflated- like he knew what was about to come, and that took away all hope Marinette had pumped back into him.

"Miss Amelie, we have read your statement along with Gabriel's and we are happy with them- would you like yours to be read aloud?"

"no, your honour- unless Adrien would like to hear it?" Amelie replied, turning to face Adrien. He has heard enough for one day so he simply replied with
"no it's okay"
"in that case" the judge continued, Adrien's heart beginning to pound "Miss Amelie- do you feel you are fit to look after Adrien as a full time gardien as well as Felix?"
"yes your honour"
"and do you believe you can provide him with the support he needs?"
"i can your honour. But-" she paused "but- i know that you have your ways of deciding what will happen to him, but please don't base your decision on how fitting i am as a guardian, but instead what will be best for my nephew"

Adrien was so happy his Aunt was here. Though she reminded him an awful lot of his mother, she was always the sweetest and kindest to him. When they moved to London he missed her and Felix deeply-  but now confronted with the thought of living with them he was hesitant.

"of course" the judge finished.

Now it was happening. The decision of 5 men and women impacted and controlled Adrien's future.

Chloe was grasping Felix's hand. Felix normally would've pulled away from his childhood friend but today was different. Her face was stained with anxiety and she need comfort. Felix was happy to help.

Beside her sat a deflated Nino who had an arm wrapped around Alya. They were all exhausted- 4 hours in and it was finally coming to an end, but they didn't want it to end. Alya and Nino believed that as soon as court was over everything would change- Adrien, the group, Marinette, school... everything. They were anxious of the effects and rightly so. How could they ever return to normal after this?

Next to Ayla, clinging onto her mother's arm, sat Marinette. She wasn't ready. Her future with Adrien was to be announced in a few moments and she couldn't even be... with him. couldn't hold him. Couldn't feel him. Couldn't support him. The barrier in front on her mocked her, 'was a piece of wood going to mark the start of separation for the two? was it a sign?' she thought. She shook with fear as she clung onto Sabine and let herself feel weak, just for a moment. Before the judge started to speak.

Adrien was slouched in his chair when the judge began his final speech. His heart fluttered with nerves and his stomach turned. He didn't even know what he wanted to happen? 'Stay in Paris with no family but keep my love and friends? or move to London and be with my Aunt?' his mind raced until he tuned in to what the judge was saying...

"from the events we have witnessed today it is clear that Adrien has been under a lot of pressure the past few weeks. We won't go into detail but he has done a great deal of Paris."
'Okay' Adrien thought 'So far so good'

Spoke too soon.

"this is why it is important for Adrien to find a new way of living. A better life. Adrien needs structure, a routine, to be provided for and to be supported in his recovery"

Marinette's heart stopped. What was he saying?

"Adrien will be put on courses to help cope with what has happened here today. Adrien needs to be surrounded by love, safety... and family for it to have full effect"

Adrien was paralysed. 'Dont say it. dont say it. dont say it.' he repeated in his mind

"this is why..."

Adrien now knew what he wanted, and it wasn't this.

"Miss Amelie Graham de Vanily is to become the permanent gardien of Mr Adrien Agreste"

To be continued...

~hello! sorry this took longer to get out than hoped and expected. I wanted to make sure it was the best i could do and with school it took me longer than normal... I know this isn't what you wanted, but just keep reading, i promise you wont regret it... thank you! happy reading ;)~