The Press

~hello! 10k reads, you earned it! let me know what you think! hope you enjoy... the ball is on its way everyone~

Adrien's old bodyguard was re-hired by Amelie by request of Adrien. He didn't want him jobless and saw him as the closest thing to a partent figure right now, yes he had Amelie- but she hadn't watched him grow up the past few years, she didn't know him like the Gorilla did.

Adrien was taken to Marinette's house before school and as he walked in through the bakery doors he was warmly greeted by the familiar faces he had grown fond of. Gorilla waited outside to escort them to school

"Adrien hunny! Come here, how're you feeling about the news?" Sabine sighed, wrapping Adrien with her gentle arms.

"that's what i'm here to talk about actually, hah" Adrien laughed, nervous to be around Marinette's parents without her by his side.

"where- uh- where's Marinette?" a nervous Adrien asked, looking around the bakery for her.

"she's late son. Let's talk" Tom said kindly, placing a firm hand onto Adrien's shoulder and guiding him to sit down on a seat opposite the counter where Sabine was stood.

"so, what's up Adrien?" Sabine questioned ,

"well, it's actually about-"

"IM NOT LATE!!!" Marinette yelled, crashing through the bakery doors. She tripped on a bag of flour and flew to the floor. SMACK. Flour flew up in the air and settled down on Marinette's aching body
"owch" she groaned, grabbing the counter and being helped up by Tom while Sabine swept up the mess.

"Marinette! Are you okay?!" Adrien said while rushing over to dust Marinette off

"A-adrien? Why're- w-what"

"Don't worry yourself sweet, she does this every other morning" Sabine giggled, emptying the spoiled flour into the bin

"sorry papa, ill go buy you some more after school" Marinette sighed as her and Adrien took a seat opposite the counter once again.

"no need Marinette" he began, stepping aside to reveal a brand new, hidden, bag of flour

"clutz" Adrien teased, giving her shoulder a nudge. She blushed a crimson red from the embarrassment as she realised she had just face planted in front of Adrien. For a moment she forgot he was leaving soon, and relished in the feeling- even if it was humiliating.

"w-wh- how come y-you here Adrien" Marinette questioned, taking out her hair to begin brushing out the flour.

"i need to tell you all something, about where i'll be living" Adrien began, a smile creeping onto his face. "Aunt Amelie has made arrangements for us to stay here- in Paris!" He yelled excitedly. The room lit up with smiles and he felt Marinette pounce on him, hugging him tightly as if she was never going to let him go.

"that's amazing Adrien! Your Aunt is very generous to make that move you know" Tom stated, trying to hide the excitement in his voice.

"i know! i'm so lucky!" Adrien replied, his words muffled by Marinette's shoulder as she clung to him. "there is just one thing" Adrien began again, Marinette's arms dropped and she stood in front of Adrien, anticipating his words. Her mind was a blur and adrenaline coursed through her body. A new happiness found her, one she had never felt before- it was real love. Not the crushing love. Actually love, utter bliss.

" on Saturday Aunt Amelie and Felix are returning to London for a week to pack their belongings- and, I can't go with them because my passport is expired, so i'll need a pla-"

"Of course you can stay here!" Sabine exclaimed, not letting Adrien finish.
"really?" a surprised Marinette turned to face her over-easy mother
"really?" Tom added. Sabine gave Tom a whack on the belly with a roll of newspaper before walking round the counter to take Adrien's hands