Emotional confessions

It was 8 pm and ladybug just began her patrol, when she went to her and Chat's spot, he was already there waiting for her. he sat looking over the evening sky line and Ladybug couldn't help but admire his broad shoulders and fluffy hair. she walked up behind him and said,
"hey kitty, what's up?". She sat down next to him, legs dangling off the building- she tapped her foot agains Chat's in a playful gesture. Instead of getting a nudge back, she got a serious look from Chat.

"Ladybug i need to ask you something" he began,
"Chat I can't tell-"
"me who you are, i know" he finished for her. "it's not that"
"well then what's wrong?" Ladybug asked nervously
"Adrien, the boy you confessed your love for earlier when you got hit, is he the boy you've been in love with for 3 years?"
"you heard that?!" Ladybug shot him a shocked expression
"yeah-" Chat said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck as he often did for comfort. Ladybug's eyes dropped to her lap
"we can't know anything about each other- it's too dangerous"
"Please m'lady, we've been a team for 3 years now- if i knew you in real life, don't you think i'd know who you are by now?" Ladybug questioned his logic in his head knowing that Chat was close with her in her civilian form.
"i, i don't know Chat-"
"Please, i really need to know". Chat looked so sad- but Ladybug didn't know why, he had missed Marinette the night before and didn't know he was rejected yet.
"okay kitty- yes he is" Ladybug glanced over to Chat who's head hung low looking at his hands, rubbing them together nervously.
"why?" he asked "why him? and not me?"
"i- it's" Ladybug loved both of them. she didn't know what to say. Chat's eyes rose and met hers, both hero's looked sad, both shaking and on the verge of crying.
"it's safer to love him" she finally replies.
"is that the only reason you don't love me" Chat asked- voice shaking.
"Chat, i-"
"no. i get it. it's fine." Chat said, his tone changing.

He stood up and began to walk away before stopping at the sound of Ladybug breaking down. Tears fell effortlessly from her rose cheeks, she curled up, hugging her knees in comfort. Chat ran back to her, and wrapped his arm around her. She rested her head on Chats shoulders, still crying, her sobs now clearer and less muffled
"bugaboo talk to me" Chat didn't understand why she was so upset? Had he done something?
"i w-want to be a-allowed to l-l-love y-you kitty, b-b-b-but you didn't see it. you don't know w-what, a-and h-how" Ladybug tried to explain through her sobs.
"hey, hey it's okay" Chat tried to comfort her. 'She wants to be allowed to love me? does that mean she loves me but is scared?' Chat thinks. "m'lady- what happened?".

Ladybug took a deep breath, trying to gain some composure, she took achats hand and stood up, now face to face she began to explain how bunnx took her into the future one day, how Chat knew who she was and that their love nearly caused the end of the world,
"that's why i'm not allowed to love you Chat" she said with one final breath. Chat had no idea- she was going through all of this and he just threw silly cat puns at her.

"i'm so sorry, i had no idea" Chat said, looking down to their connected hands.
"and as for Adrien, i've loved him for years- i don't know if that will change but my heart remains his, i don't know if i'll ever had the courage to tell him- but things with him are starting to change and who knows kitty. i don't want to play with your emotions- we can't be together. and we can't know each other's identities, we can't take that risk... not yet"
"i understand" Chat said, still wanting to ask for her advise on Marinette.

Ladybug could sense Chat had a question,
"is something on your mind Chat?" Ladybug asked. Offering some advice was the best thing she could do- after all she had just rejected him, permanently.
"i have a similar issue" Chat began
"you can trust me Chat" Ladybug reassured
"there's this girl- Marinette, you know, the one you gave the mouse miraculous too"
"yea i know her, you mentioned her when you got hit earlier" Ladybug had hoped he wouldn't bring Marinette up- but she had no choice but to go along with it.
"yeah well... i've been seeing her on my patrol nights, and yesterday i- i kissed her, i think i love her. but it feels wrong to love two girls- it's not right." Chat said. Love. Chat confirmed his earlier confession and Marinette blushed, she let go of Chats hands and turned him to look at the Eiffel tower, sun now almost set behind it- before throwing her arm around his waist in a friendly manner. He but his arm around her shoulder, returning the gesture.
"you can't help how you feel Chat, but- why're you telling me this?" she asked
"i don't want to put anyone at risk- and loving either of you is doing that, we can't know each other's identities- and Marinette can't date a hero, it's dangerous." Chat paused, still looking over the Paris skyline

"can i tell you something- i-it's kinda a hit towards who i am but i don't think it'll be an issue" Ladybug paused, but Chat seems to be going through a lot so she let him continue,
"okay" she said
"i know her, Marinette, as me- i mean as a civilian." 'WAIT WHAT!' Ladybug thought, she couldn't believe it- she knew Chat noir in real life. This is bad, 'what if she goes to school with him? No, she can't- he thought her high school was an elementary school a few years back, there's no way.' her brain rambles on.
"Ladybug, should i go after her as a civilian? I want to, but if she has feelings for Chat then surely she won't like me?" Chat continued. Marinette had to protect their identities
"Chat i don't know if that's the best idea. I can't tell you not to, but i can't tell you to either" Ladybug didn't know what to say, if she told him to make a move- and someone started hitting on her out of the blue she'd know he was Chat noir, she didn't want to risk it.
"why don't you late fate decide?" she suggested, reaching into her yo-yo and pulling out a coin.
"okay" a grin formed on Chats face and a sense of relief came across Ladybug- at least he seemed to be feeling better. "heads and i-" Chat began
"NO!" Ladybug said startled, "i mean dont tell me, it should be personal right? just have the answers in your head"
"you're right" he said. Ladybug flipped the coin and revealed heads. Chat hugged Ladybug and thanked her for tonight
"good luck on patrol" he yelled after hugging her goodbye and taking off into the streets of Paris.
"goodnight!" Ladybug called after him