34- His House

A few days later had passed since then.

They didn't speak as much, as it was end of year exams until the holidays. They focused on themselves, and they didn't mind, yet.

The ball was coming up at Draco's home, and Y/n had already picked the perfect ball gown. Well, she had made it herself with magic, and looked magnificent.

Y/n shut her dorm room door closed and took a deep breath before she turned away to exit out of her common room to go back to London.

She was anxious to go with Draco also. He waited for her in front of the gates where everyone was.

She made eye contact with him again but all she did was walk passed him as a he carried her bag up again and walked down with everyone to the train.

"Now what did I do this time?" He spoke, clearly amused as he pocketed his hands. They both shivered as the marks on their necks were hit by the small breeze.

She rolled her eyes and ignored him. She wasn't in the mood to speak.

"Hell! Is it always going to be like this?" Draco groaned, slapping his mark. Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Stop it!" She slapped his shoulder softly and he sighed with his head down. But it didn't last long as he smirked and kept touching his mark. Y/n tried not to be phased by it. She kept twitching and every time she did he chuckled.

She groaned and gave her neck a scratch which made him stop. They arrived and sat in a carriage. It wasn't long until Theo, Pansy, Blaise and Daphne joined them.

"Well hello." Daphne greeted them softly, sitting down beside Y/n. Draco nodded to her then look away to his friends.

"Excited to go home?" Y/n asked. Daphne nodded.

"And I am particularly excited to go to a ball and dance around in a fancy ball gown like a princess!" Daphne added in an excited whisper. Y/n and Pansy laughed.

The rest of the ride took hours but the six were definitely not bored. Y/n hopped off the train and went to collect her luggage, Draco followed behind her too. They both collected their luggage.

"Ready to go?" He brought out his hand for her innocently. She look his arm cautiously.

"Ready to go." She confirmed. A split second before she was about to be apparated away she swore she saw a smirk on his features.

In a second they were in front of his home. Vines covered all the gates beautifully and all the plants and trees were green. The sun shone down nicely and she had to admit she really thought it was breath taking.

She still had her hand on his arm as he lead her slowly to his gates.

"Your house is really beautiful." Y/n admitted, not taking her eyes off the plants and trees.

Draco hesitated to speak, but he finally did. "Th..Thank you." He said quietly with his head down, only for a split second, then he raised it back up.

He reached the gates and without letting her go, he moved the vines away to reveal a big lock that he opened with his wand, actually muttering a spell for the first time they had become soulmates. The doors opened and they walked slowly in, looking up at the big baby blue mansion that had white boarders.

"You're really good at magic. You don't even speak for some of the complex ones." She told him. She looked at him for the first time and studied him. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked troubled.

"Yeah, I was really bored last year. I'm glad I learned." He gave a weak smile at the floor before he looked up again and brought his wand up to open the door for her. He had her hand slide from his biceps to hold his hand, and he lead her in.

He let go of her hand and walked a bit ahead, as if he was taking everything in. Y/n gave a small grimace. His mood just dropped when he entered the house. Even if it had a big makeover, even if it looked brightened and happy, what Draco saw was what Y/n would never see; it was him studying every inch of the house, remembering the times he spent on that one armchair, on that on stool, that one time playing on the floor, and when he looked out the window he saw the times he laid down and looked at the stairs alone, or sometimes with his mother. When he was alone, he would silently curse the stars for giving him his fate, but he didn't do it in front of his mother for her sake, since she loved the stars.

She heard him give a big sigh and he stomped up the stairs slowly. She followed behind, leaving their bags. He stopped up the top of the stairs and turned around, waiting for her to come. He brought out his hand for her and she took it. He led her down the hall a bit. The hall had red walls with paintings of all the previous Malfoy's that ever even existed, but they did not move.

She fell behind him and walked slowly, admiring everyone. History was just so exciting. These were actual people from thousands of years ago and Draco knew who his family actually was and what they looked like, unlike Y/n. All of them even had visible marks! Some on their face, their hands, arms, ears and necks!

One caught her eyes and she giggled at it. Draco furrowed his eyebrows and turned around. He walked to her and looked up at his great-great-great-something.

She couldn't even pronounce the old gentleman's name.

"What's so funny?" He asked curiously.

"Nothing, he just looks really proud." She stifled her last giggle. Draco scoffed and tried to hide his smile.

"He was very proud, that's why I shut him up." He said, moving his wand in the air then turning to walk again.

She sighed in relief and walked behind him. What she noticed about all the portraits from the last 20 years is that they all showed their left forearms proudly. The end of the hall came, and she was met with Lucius' portrait, which looked as still as stone and there was a small carved X in the bottom left corner of his. She moved her eyes quickly from it and saw Draco's portrait; and he was actually moving. He was painted beautifully. Painted Draco looked down on her in curiosity then at Draco, who pointed his wand at him slowly. Painting Draco looked startled and slowly moved his eyes away.

"He's scared of you." Y/n muttered. Draco didn't answer and opened the door next to his portrait.

"This is our room. Unpack your things, I'll be out checking the garden." He gave her a small smile and walked passed her, his smell filling up her nose. "And the ball's tomorrow evening!" He called out without turning. She nodded and went in.