37- Down The Stairs She Went

"Maybe you should give me a chance." He told her.

"Maybe you should let me decide for myself what I want." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"You know, I like girls such as yourself." The guy offered with a smirk. Y/n rolled her eyes and as she did her eyes landed on the front entrance of Draco's house, where he stood. Y/n was about to smile at him. Finally she was saved!

But Draco looked horrified, and he kept breathing heavily. He looked betrayed and slightly angered. He rushed inside and she rushed after him to run up to him.

"Wait!" The guy grabbed her hand.

"Let go of me!" Y/n screamed. He backed off. She ran inside and caught a glimpse of Draco up the stairs. She quickly ran. Draco had closed their bedroom door. She tried opening it but it was locked.

"What's wrong? Talk to me!" She tried. The door opened and she fell in, but quickly caught herself.

Draco was pacing around the room and packing his things.

"Who's that?" He asked, pointing outside.

"I don't know?" Y/n asked. How was she supposed to know!

"Don't- What's his name?"

"Draco, this is your ball."

"Don't talk to him again."

"Why?"

"Why? Because I said so." He told her bluntly. He stopped pacing.

She looked at him in disbelief. "Draco, he didn't even have his soulmate mark-"

"-It's at the back of his neck." He interrupted her.

They looked blankly at each other.

"What am I supposed to do about it?" Y/n asked. He took a shaky sigh.

"I can't do this anymore." He admitted, going to pack his things faster.

"What?" She asked as she followed behind him.

"I'm not ready. I can't do this whole thing." As soon as he said it she stomped her foot in anger.

"There you go again. You can't do this soulmate thing, you can't do that, you're not ready for this-"

"-Hey, I'm trying!" He pointed to himself helplessly. He rushed to loosen his tie.

"Excuse me? The first thing you told me was that soulmates don't exist and that you wanted to hurt me in this, and here I still am by your side!" She pointed to herself.

"You.. I can't do this. I can't trust anyone or-"

"-Or me? Just say you can't trust me." She demanded. He looked down at her.

He looked away and didn't answer. She continued. "You think I trust you too? You're not even trustworthy." She narrowed her eyes at him.

He scoffed helplessly. It looked like he had nothing to lose. "And I believe you!" He told her.

She stepped back and watched him as he continued to pack.

"What now?" She paused. "What are you even doing?" She asked. He didn't answer.

"Do you really think I'm going to be chasing you all my life? I'm going to move on if you don't want to come and move on with me." She told him quietly.

"I don't like the sight of seeing you with another boy." He admitted. "Now what?" He asked.

"Deal with it because I've just pushed a girl down the stairs an hour ago because she wanted to be with you so badly!" Y/n admitted. She turned away and was ready to open the door.

"I'd push someone down the stairs if it meant they would leave you alone too," She turned around quickly. "and, I'd even go as far as to kill them."

"Then what's the problem!?" She yelled across the room.

"I've never done this before, and I can't do it. I can't try." He replied quietly after.

"You have such a big problem." She turned away but then turned around to him. "Y/n, just-" "-Actually, you are the problem." She spat and with a flick of her wand her things were packed and followed her out of the room, the door slamming hard after.

She narrowed her eyes angrily down at the hallway but before she could move someone called her name.

"Y/n." Someone from the ceiling spoke. She looked at Painted Draco angrily.

"Don't even talk to me you perfect painting!" She demanded in an angry whisper. He leaned back and stared at her worriedly. She stomped away with her things floating behind her. She slid down the railing of his perfect stairs and left his perfect house. She hated how perfect he was! She exited the gates and apparated as soon as possible, into her own home. She lived alone.

She gave small grunts of frustration every now and then and stomped her feet as she walked around her house trying to change and put everything in it's place. When she tried putting on her pyjama pants as she walked she tripped and her face slammed on her marble floor.

"OW!" She cried. She sighed and slammed her fist on the floor softly. "I wanna go back to school.." She pouted.

She went on with her night. She lived in a two levelled house in the middle of a meadow. She bought this house, shrunk it, bought the meadow, placed her home smack bang in the middle, then enlarged it to its normal size, just because she could. And she loved it like that. She actually missed her house and tomorrow she'd try and have a picnic in front of her pastel blue and pink house.