38- Don't Tell Me You're a Smoker Now?

Draco paced his and her room and raked through his hair. The guests had left ages ago. It was at least 3 am.

He couldn't sleep. Y/n promised him that they'd burn his house, and she broke it and left! What was he supposed to do?

"I'll kill you.. I promise I'll kill you." He kept muttering over and over to that boy who he didn't even know the name of. His door creaked open and he stood still, turning to the door. It was Cynthia. She didn't dare take another step in.

"Dra-"

"-Get out before I push you down the stairs properly. Y/n was too easy on you." He threatened. He looked away and made it out to his balcony.

She had left straight away and he scoffed. Y/n would of never left, she would of never been scared off like that. But then again, here he was alone, not because he scared her off but because she became tired of him. Could you believe it? He definitely could.

And he missed her touch already, her smell, her lips, her smile, her hair, her words most importantly, the words that made him feel so safe. So safe.

But he couldn't do it! He didn't someone to tell him he could. Someone he loved. Draco jumped and came to his mirror to fix himself up properly, and then ran outside his hallway to find her portrait which was only a portrait down from his. He was fortunate enough to be placed next to his father, the small carved X still in the bottom corner.

"I- Hello? Mum!" He pleaded, looking at her portrait. He had frozen her too, he didn't want to hear anything from her. She looked beautiful.

"Oh..right." He muttered, getting his wand out and unfreezing her. Her eyes only moved to survey him up and down.

"I need.. I need help." Draco breathed. His mother narrowed her eyes at him. He gulped.

"No I missed you mother? I'm sorry mummy? I won't do it ever again mum!?" She demanded.

"I-I did miss you.. and I'm sorry.. and I won't do it again?" He tried.

"Out with it then." She sighed.

He started catching up with her, and filling her in on everything. He sat on the floor in front of her portrait clutching his knees, his black tie askew, his hair messy.

A Week Later: One Week Until School

Y/n sat outside her house on her pink blanket, Pansy and Daphne beside her. She hadn't seen Draco in a week.

"You know, Blaise is throwing his annual ball this evening." Daphne muttered, rolling over on her stomach.

"Thanks for telling me useless information." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Come on, it'll be fun! Just us three, together." Pansy told her.

"Fine, fine." Y/n said without thinking. She had one thing on her mind, and she was going to show up to show everyone that she was not sad whatsoever. She got up immediately and ran up the stairs to get ready. She wanted to look perfect. She put her dress on first, then did her make up perfectly. She sprayed perfume and by then it was nearly nightfall. She smiled in the mirror and took a deep breath.

She skipped down the stairs and opened her front door as her friends probably waited outside for her, but she saw Draco instead.

Her eyes widened in horror and she stumbled back, catching the door handle just in time to prop herself up. She took deep breaths. His back faced towards her. She stood up straight and squinted her eyes at him. He was throwing a lighter in the air and catching it, then lighting it briefly, watching the small flame glow.