24- Interviews at Hogwarts?

Two Days Later:

"Are you gonna try now?" Theo asked as he threw his small ball up in the air and caught it again. He lay on his back on his bed.

No answer.

Blaise rolled his eyes.

"He's been in there jigging lessons and the teachers think that I have to know where he is!" Blaise yelled especially loud for Draco who was "sleeping" under his covers.

No answer again. Blaise sighed loudly.

"I mean, we are his best friends." Theo paused. "And we do live with him." Theo shrugged. He threw the ball again and it landed back in his hands.

Draco suddenly took the covers off him and looked at the ceiling blankly. He looked bored.

"You know, I think everyone's at Hogsmeade." Theo started.

"So why don't you walk with us?" Blaise asked Draco.

Theo and Blaise secretly snickered at their plan to get Draco to come out and participate in an.. activity.

Draco shrugged and got out, getting changed in front of them. In a few seconds he was ready and just combed his hair back with his fingers, walking out the door. Theo and Blaise got up immediately and followed. Theo took the lead so Draco and Blaise followed. Blaise followed secretly snickering and Draco followed yawning.

At the moment, Draco looked tired. He had noticeable dark circles and walked with a small slouch. Girls that he passed swore to their friends that he'd gotten hotter.

They finally reached the courtyard and Blaise and Theo wore fake, surprised expressions at the big crowd in front of them. Draco raised his eyebrow and approached the crowd with his friends.

There was a whole group of people surrounding a table that fit two people. A girl at least two years younger sat there and held her wand as a microphone.

Draco pushed past people gently and they let him through once they knew who it was, and he reached the front.

"Oh! Malf-"

"-What's this?" He asked bluntly. Draco wore a black jumper and he originally wore his hoodie over his head but Blaise had taken it off him too many times. He had one hand in his pocket and wore black jeans. His friends knew he was just "expressing" his feelings. Very funny if you asked them.

"Well we've assigned people to come and be asked anonymous questions." The girl smiled faintly up at him, clutching her wand in anticipation.

"Without their permission?" Draco asked.

The girl opened and closed her mouth. "Well yes, but is it really a probl-"

"-I'm the prefect of this whole school." He informed her bluntly. The crowd looked on.

"I- Draco, it's alright!" Blaise slapped his back while he laughed awkwardly. The girl smiled awkwardly with him. "Hey? I think Draco's registered." Blaise winked at Theo behind Draco's back.

"I do not wish to be reg-"

"-Nonsense!" Theo pushed him towards the empty seat. Draco rolled his eyes and slumped down in the chair next to the "interviewer."

"Thank you! And just so you know we've got permission and all that stuff, and we also-" Draco tuned her out and rolled his eyes. She kept blabbing. He stared at her in a bored manner. He didn't realise the crowd had gotten bigger.

"What's this?" Y/n whispered to her friends as they reached the middle of the crowd. Pansy shrugged.

"No idea." She whispered back. They reached somewhat the front but the three boys hadn't seen them yet as Theo and Blaise's backs were faced towards them and Draco sat on a chair.

"First anonymous question-"

"-So let me get this straight, these are actual questions from the people of Hogwarts who want to ask me this?" Draco said, looking disbelievingly at the eager crowd.

The girl smiled. "You know Draco-"

"-Malfoy." He corrected her, squinting his eyes in a sarcastic manner.

"I'm glad you're engaging!" She continued on without a bother. Theo and Blaise clapped quietly for him and he threw his friends a glare.

"It's Draco. What's he doing?" Daphne asked curiously. The girls didn't answer and they looked on. Y/n concentrated and wondered why he was with that girl with a crowd.

The girl handed Draco a card and he took it from her gently, reading it.

"How does-"

"Wait!" Theo interrupted. "Are you sure you can answer without your father hearing about this?" Theo nudged Blaise and the whole crowd giggled, and even Draco cracked a smile which made the interviewer wide-eyed.

"Yes, I can confirm I can answer these without anyone hearing about it." Draco smiled sarcastically and looked back at the paper.

The crowd waited for him to read.