26- What to do From Here

Draco snapped his eyes open and it was night time. He had woken up in the middle of the night. When he got back from those questions he decided to sleep early, and now he was hungry.

There was food down in the common room but he would of rather have walked to the kitchens for some air. Besides, the kitchens were right next to the Slytherin Common Room, all he had to do was climb some stairs. He made it out. He put on a blue shirt with his long pyjama bottoms and walked barefoot to the kitchen.

He grabbed a banana and filled up his cup with some water, and set it down in front of him on the counter. He leaned over the counter and rested his elbow on the top as he looked off into space.

How boring, he thought. When could he get out of here?

But he guessed that it would be weird to not go back to Hogwarts again, since he'd been doing it for what felt like forever.

He peeled his banana and ate it fairly quickly. He chucked the peel all the way in the bin. He sat on the smooth counter and slouched slightly.

"Is this apart of prefect duties?" Someone said. He became startled but his body didn't move. He recognised her voice.

"Yes." He answered, jumping off the counter to go and get another banana.

The girl who was at least 2 years younger than him followed him to the refrigerator.

"Why are you awake?" The interviewer asked.

"Again with the questions." He muttered tiredly.

She shrugged. "I know who you are, so I'll tell you my name. It's-"

"-Sorry. I don't want to know you're name." He told her with a fake apology.

"Why not?" She asked slowly, with her hands behind her back.

"We won't be friends."

"More than that then?" She asked confidently. He scoffed and made his way back to behind the counter for his water.

"You're straight forward." He stated.

Y/n was straight forward that one night too and he liked her for that.

His neck started to become uncomfortable and he rubbed it harshly. He didn't want to scratch it off no matter how much his self from a few weeks ago wanted to.

"Is something wrong with your neck?" She started to step forward but he put a hand in front of him and shook his head.

"No. You should leave." He admired his glass cup and saw the water glisten.

"But-" She stopped herself from talking as she saw he wasn't even interested or listening. "Fine, sorry." She turned and left.

"What a bother." He muttered as he rolled his eyes and turned so his back leaned on the counter.

He came here to mainly think. Was he going to try talking to Y/n once more? Maybe he could keep trying. He didn't know if it was just him but his neck kept tingling and kept annoying him. He rubbed it again at the thought.

Maybe this was because he and her weren't talking anymore. She said she needed time to think, that didn't mean she was going to leave forever. But he was right, it did end in someone being hurt. If it was him or her it didn't matter because it happened. He proved her wrong.

Now what was he supposed to do? It wasn't fun anymore.

Maybe he could have just a bit more fun.

The Next Day:

Y/n sat in between her two friends and ate. It felt like such a lovely morning and she even hummed to herself. But at the back of her mind the thought of being alone forever was etched in her mind, growing to the front of her mind.

She huffed and ate, then looked around. Her eyes landed on someone and they were already looking at her. It was that reporter girl. Y/n offered a smile and the reporter girl smiled back to her.

What a nice girl Y/n thought. She looked away and finally saw Draco, who was already looking at her with a calm expression. Her eyes widened slightly and she wanted to look away. He sat up straight and adjusted his collar. His fingers had brushed against his mark and she shivered.

"I'm going to class now." Y/n mumbled tiredly. Her friends told her goodbye and she got up, walking to her class slowly.

"Hey." He said from behind her. She didn't turn but kept walking while he jogged up to her.

"If you didn't become hurt, then I didn't win. Right?" He walked beside her. He was really tall and she didn't want to look up at him to see his stupid smirk.

"Correct." She mumbled to his satisfaction.

"Then.. why don't you go out with me later?" He offered lightly.

"To where even?" Shes finally looked up at him.

"A party." He informed.

"Okay then."

A small pause.

"Just like that?" He tilted his head to the side a bit. They both stopped near the end of the corridor. He looked down on her and she looked up at him.

She shrugged and nodded. "Then.. be ready by 7." He told her.

"I will." She turned and left. He furrowed his eyebrows confusedly at her. What was she doing?

He walked past a bunch of people and left.

"So, any other people you want to ask questions?" Her friend asked.

The interviewer, Amina Morosa sighed. "I want to interview Draco again."

"If he catches you calling him Draco he'll for sure hate you." Her friend said.

Amina simply shrugged. "He won't mind soon." And with that she walked away from her confused friend.