17- Ignorant

She had stopped washing the cup for a split second but continued. Her heart beat faster and she finished quickly, turning around. She wore a calm expression and so did he.

His hands were in his pockets and he narrowed his eyes slightly at her, as if he was challenging her to do it.

She took out her wand quickly and so did he, and they pointed it at each other.

"You'll lose." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Are we about to have a duel?" He said mockingly, his head tilted to the side with a smirk.

"If you're up for it." They moved slowly in a circle but had stopped.

"You know, this isn't what I meant by making me shut up." He had put his wand down for a split second.

"Stupefy." She said quickly.

"Protego!" He blocked it.

"I'm not kissing you." She gave him a small grimace.

"Oh but you were so glad to kiss me before weren't you?"

"Was not-"

"-Incarcerous!"

"Protego!" She blocked his spell.

"Y/n dear, I'm tired, and I don't know about you, but I'd like for you to go back with me to bed." He tried, thinking their game was over, but in fact was not.

"Incarcerous!" She whisper shouted. The ropes came around him and he glared at her, falling to his knees.

She walked up to him with a smirk and looked down on him. He smirked up at her.

A bit of the moonlight came in through the high glass panes of the stone kitchen. It shone down on him, with only streaks. His hair was perfectly sprawled on his face and he broke eye contact with her, flicking his head to the side to try to get the hair out of his eyes. He sighed and looked up at her. She gave a fake pout at him and he shook his head chuckling quietly.

"Mind wiping the hair out of my eyes then?" He breathed. She shrugged and came closer to him. His legs then had the chance to knock into the side of hers and have her fall down.

"OW!" She screeched. He laughed.

"Next time just give me what I want."

She got up and removed the ropes off him, rolling her eyes.

She slouched a bit as they were walking out.

"Want me to carry you?" He asked. She perked up, happy that she didn't have to walk.

"Yes!" She said and he smiled. He looked around and saw a bench. He grabbed her hand and jogged to it. He lifted her up on it and she got on his back. Her head rested on his shoulder as they walked slowly back to his dorm.

It was silent when she had decided to speak.

"You need to work on your duelling skills." She laughed.

He chuckled. "Not my fault you caught me off guard."

Her hands weren't rested on his shoulders anymore and they slowly slid down to his chest. She felt his heart beat quickly.

"Nervous?" She teased.

He laughed. "You make me feel nothing." He said it without a second thought and for some reason he regretted it.

She was initially taken back.

"Now we all know that's a lie." She whispered in his ear, her fingers slowly creeping into his hair. His neck felt like it was burning.

"You should stop doing that, if you know what's good for you." He breathed. He narrowed his eyes to the floor, trying to concentrate and wait for her next move.

"Make me." She mimicked his previous words. He stopped and set her down slowly. She stepped back and he turned, stepping towards her as she stepped back. She stopped with her forearm blocking his way, but he held it and pushed her against the wall.

Her head slightly banged on the wall. "Ow." Her voice was monotone.

"I promise you that's not even the most of the pain you will feel when you're with me." He whispered.

"You say that like I have to be with you." She looked up at him and tilted her head.

"I don't have to be." She smiled faintly.

He opened his mouth to speak. "Then-"

"-I just wanted to try it out with you. I'm not desperate for you, like all the others." She whispered.

"Right. You're not desperate. You totally weren't desperate in the infirmary with me." His eyes had venom.

She shook her head and tried to push him off. "But you just wanted for me to so badly stay with you at the lake to kiss you again and again. And you say I'm the desperate one." She took a few steps then turned.

"I- You're not ideal. You've tormented me since we were children." She looked him up and down.

"It's just a kiss, it's not bloody marriage." He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Those were my first few kisses, and they were important to me. I don't care about what you think." She was about to turn away.

"Remember the party? I only came here to prove you wrong. If you kiss me and get hurt that's your problem, because I said that you'd get hurt," He paused as he took a step towards her. He pointed at her. "so don't go being sad, when I warned you."

"This isn't a game! This is an actual thing! Excuse me for wanting something real!" She breathed.

"I'm not going to be real with you." He told her.

"Why?"

"Because I don't like you." He lied.

She smiled faintly and nodded. "Then if that is the case, don't beg for me to sleep next to you, don't kiss me, don't even look at me." She paused.

He swallowed and looked intently at her. He didn't want to blink.

"Are you happy? You proved me wrong. You can leave now." She nodded. She nodded more to reassure herself, to tell herself everything was going to be okay.

"We're always going to be connected in some way. More ways than one. This whole soulmate thing will soon have you develop feelings for me." He tried.

"And you won't think it won't be the other way around also?" She asked angrily. "You're not immune! We're both affected! So why don't you stay away from me?" She spat. She finally turned and went to sleep in her own bed.

He clenched his teeth and shook his head.

No, it was too late now. He was fully interested now.