Love, Life, And Loss

Minerva screamed.

"Come on. Come on, Minerva. One more push," Poppy urged.

"I can't," McGonagall breathed.

"One more and it'll be out. Come on," Poppy said. She looked to the father for support.

He nodded. His love had already killed his hand. He went over to her and whispered things in her ear. Minerva pushed one more time and he continued to whisper things. The father had blue eyes and dirty blond hair.

Poppy took the baby and bundled it up. "It's a girl," she said over her shoulder to the exhausted mother.

Oskar took his baby girl from Poppy. He looked at her. She was purely beautiful. Green, curious eyes. "Well, she can't be yours. She has curious eyes and you're a cat. Curiosity plus cats don't mix," he reminded. Minerva laughed and held out her arms. Oskar put the child in her arms. "What are we going to name her? Hmm, Minnie?"

But Minerva didn't hear him. She was too lost in her daughter's deep green eyes. They were sea green, the kind that make you want to drown in them. Poppy and Oskar saw what was happening and let them be alone. After the door shut, Minerva said something. "Hi there, little one. I'm never going to let anything happen to you. You know my mother is going to try to spoil you rotten. She doesn't know about you yet, though. Oh, I forgot to tell you: I'm your mother and welcome to the outside world," she cooed, still cradling her daughter. McGonagall began to sway and hum, and the little girl's eyes slowly fall, still looking into her daughter's eyes until they fell. She took off her necklace and placed it around the child's neck; it was a metal owl locket type thing with blue eyes. She didn't hear the door open, but she heard it close. She had to look away from her daughter to see a stranger.

A man with slicked back black hair and two dark brown eyes had stepped in. He brought out his wand. "I've already cast a spell on your friends; they're not dead, but they won't be waking up any time soon. Give me the child before I'm forced to do the same to you," he commanded.

Minerva held her daughter close to her. She was too weak to fight him on hand-to-hand, but she was utterly prepared to grab her wand. She over to the table beside the bed and grabbed it. It was, sadly, upside down so she had twirl it in her fingers. She wasn't fast enough.

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

"Now that was uncalled for," McGonagall said as her wand landed in the man's hand.

He said, "Petrificus Totalus." He took her child from her.

"You may have taken my baby, but I will spend every second of every day hunting you down for her," she murmered.

"Don't worry. I don't plan on you ever seeing me or the child ever again," he said. When he set her wand on the bedside table and left the room, the charm broke; Minerva could move again.

She pulled her sheets aside and laid her feet on the ground just as Poppy walked in. "Oh no you don't. Oskar is already going after him. You need to rest," she said gently.

Just then, everything sunk in and Minerva began to cry. Poppy simply hugged her, holding her close. McGonagall stopped when they heard a pop and Poppy went to the window. What she saw caused her to cover her mouth as she had a horrified expression. McGonagall demanded what it was, but the medi-witch didn't answer until she threatened to get out of bed to see what it had been. "Oskar... is... dead," Poppy breathed.

Minerva began to cry all over again. Poppy went over and tried her very best to comfort.

Albus had flooed in so he could see the child, only to see the crying. He gave Poppy a questioning look and she mouthed 'later'. Then, an idea popped into Poppy's head. She brought out her wand and pulled out a memory. She flung it to Albus who caught with his wand. He went into the next room, brought out the house's pensieve, and used it. He walked back into the room and Minerva and asleep in the bed. Though she had red eyes, she looked peaceful. Albus assumed she was dreaming of the child. Through the pensieve, he had seen her green eyes. They had been beautiful.

Over the summer, Minerva had regained most of herself and didn't cry every time she woke up. She went back to teaching and nobody suspected she was still pulling herself together.

____________________________________________________________________

This is my first chapter.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Okay tell me if you want to see it in someone's perspective. If so, who's?

As you have probably guessed, the child is going to be in the next chapter.

____________________________________________________________________
~~~Comment~~~
~~~Vote~~~