Chapter 7.1

Author's Note: Sorry for going AWOL for a month. I got a new job. It's good, but keeps me very busy. Here's the latest installment of 'The Gamer'! Thanks for reading!

I strongly suggest you to read the previous two chapters again...Even I had to read them again in order to write this one! Lol :D

====================================================================

King Ravi's Log: Aasman Se Gira Khajoor Pe Atka

25 January, 2015.

Above Mediterranean Sea.

====================================================================

It wasn't long before I started talking to Lakha during our Dragon flight. Lakha was a silent man, hardly opening his mouth; a good companion for a long journey.

"You are not from Iran, are you?" I asked.

"No. I am from Bhutan." he replied

"How does this mind control thing work exactly?" I asked when I couldn't contain my curiosity.

"Let's race." Lakha said suddenly.

"What?"

"A Dragon race!" He smiled mischievously.

"I can't even properly ride this guy and you are asking me to race with you?" I asked incredulously.

We were travelling above an ocean at a steady pace.

"It's not that difficult. You just gotta give verbal directions to the dragon. They can't speak but they understand us perfectly. They are better than dogs at this!" He kept grinning.

"OK. I am still not sure about this but it sounds fun, so why not. Where are we exactly?"

"Some distance away from Greece. Above the Mediterranean sea."

"What are the rules?"

"No rules. The first one to reach land wins! Go!" He side-kicked his dragon while holding its horns. They raced away.

"Hey! That's cheating!" I yelled, "You are older than that other dragon, right? Let's show them who's older and wiser and...er....better. Go!" I side-kicked my dragon.

If I hadn't held onto its horns when I did, I would have fallen off of it. The explosion of acceleration was, well, explosive. One moment you feel like you are crawling like a snail and the next you are on the bullet train. A bullet train that not only goes forward but up and down as well.

The change in air pressure was so rapid that there were successive popping sounds in my ears. We caught up to Lakha and his Dragon.

Lakha made a whistling sound and without warning my Dragon flipped upside down. I held onto it's horns, hanging for my life. My dragon had slowed down and was flying upside down. Lakha came below me, riding his dragon and smiling like a maniac.

"So. Who are you? What is your real name, Abdul?" He asked very slowly. "Where are you from? How are you not under the control of his majesty?"

The shock must have shown on my face because Lakha laughed.

"Don't be so shocked! What, did you think Tahir miyan wouldn't find out? You are clearly not a Muslim, looking at that necklace around your neck. Tahir noticed you didn't clap right away in the foyer during initiation. Shall I go on? How much of a fool can you be? Tell me everything and I will spare your life."

My palms were beginning to get sweaty. I wouldn't be able to hang on much longer.

"My name is Ravi. Now tell the dragon to straighten up!"