Chapter 1.5

As Brock made his way to our table with a chair in hand, I instinctively clenched my fists under the table. This action of mine made a Holo appear over Brock's head, indicating his name 'Brock Turner Jr.' and his level 'Lvl 20'. Brock just sat down at our table on his borrowed chair and gave a short kiss to Monica. I relaxed and unclenched my fists which made the Holo disappear. I guessed Holos on other people's heads would appear if I was to fight them.

Why can't I see his HP and MP? I wondered. And Brock Turner Jr.? Wow, perfect name for a douchebag.  But it turned out Brock was anything but a douche bag. He was friendly and seemed like a nice guy from the way he talked. He was a bodyguard in training. He told us he was an intern at 'Parker Security Solutions' which dealt in personal security for all individuals, not just celebrities and businessmen. Well, that explained his level.

Dan got along well with him. He asked all about Brock's diet plans and training regimens. He wanted a new belt and some extra effort never hurt anyone (that I know of). Personally, I didn't exercise much and wasn't proud of the small amount of fat that was gathering near my belly. The tips that Brock was giving me made me a bit embarrassed. But I have to admit they were easy to implement and seemed to work with him. I hadn't checked my weight in a month. I wonder how much it was and how much I had gained stress eating because of having no job.

I just wanted to know and there it was, on a Holo, in front of me. In fact, there was a whole lot more information on the Holo I was seeing than I wanted to know. It was as follows:

Player Profile

Name: Ravi Sharma
Level: 6
Height: 5 Feet 11 inches
Weight: 85 Kilograms
Hit Points: 600
Mana Points: 100
Strength: 5
Stamina: 3
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 5
Luck: 15
Available Skill Points: 4
Status: Offline

My first thought after I saw this - My luck is off the charts, man! But 85 Kgs was a lot of weight. I needed to loose some fast. Yeah, like that is so easy to do.

All of this was a lot to take in all at once. I needed to look at it more carefully and in peace. Everything else could wait. I nudged Dan's leg and when he looked at me I gave him a sign that we needed to leave. "Hey we need to leave. We don't want to hog more of your time." I smiled at Brock and Monica and got up to leave. Everyone shook hands. Dan got up and to my surprise Rachel got up too. I hadn't even given her a second glance this whole time.

She is like a Ninja, man. I couldn't even feel her presence. She walked with us to our car and I was giving stares to Dan. When she sat in the backseat of my Mazda, I pulled Dan aside and asked him what was going on.

"Weren't you listening?" Dan asked in disbelief. "She needed a ride and I decided to give her a lift to her home. Her house is on our way. Are you sure you are okay?"
"Yeah. Just tired I guess. Not enough sleep. Was playing 'Mass Effect 3' till late last night." I replied.
"Campaign?" he asked.
"Campaign." I replied.
Dan just shook his head and got in the passenger seat. After dropping Rachel and Dan, I went home and slept like a log.

Sleep didn't help. I had dreams. Strange dreams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: So that is the end of Chapter 1. The next one will be Chapter 2.0. I will also be uploading some art by some very good artists. Thank you for reading. Please Vote and Comment, it would help me a lot. Thanks again! :)
-
Phenil