Part 8.0

Author's note: The next two chapters will be from Dan's perspective. Like with Lucie, the chapters from Dan's perspective will be titled as 'Part x.x'. I am really excited about this. :D

===================================

Dan's Diary - That awkward moment when...

26 January, 2015.

Mountain View, California

=======================================================

I was sitting in Charlie's room on his bed writing a report on my laptop. It was due in two days and I was struggling. Charlie is my 11 year old goofball of a brother, who was playing a game at that very moment sitting in his comfortable push-back chair. The whole atmosphere was very similar to my days in the college. I studied while Ravi played games. My adorable 7 year old cousin sister Gina was sitting right next to me on the bed. My maternal aunt's family had come over for dinner.

"What is this picture, Danny?" Gina asked me touching my laptop screen.

"Charlie! Will you stop playing games and play with your sister? I have to work and she is bugging me." I said to Charlie's back.

"You're not really bugging me." I whispered in Gina's ears.

"Just 5 more minutes."

"You're starting to sound like that maggot Ravi."

Gina giggled.

"Don't call him that! He's a legend! He's the best video-gamer ever! I bet you can't beat him." Charlie exclaimed.

"Watch and learn. This is how you troll Charlie." I whispered conspiratorially in Gina's ears. She gave a very lively nod.

"That maggot? A legend? Ha! Don't make me laugh! I taught him how to play on the PlayStation in the first place when he came from India. I can beat that guy with my eyes closed." I asked.

"Shut up, Danny!" Charlie turned swivelled around his chair to face us.

"Or what? You gonna go complain to that maggot legend? He won't answer you. Turns out he isn't answering anyone's calls these days. Not even mine! Oh wait...Gina...that's not how you do it."

"Do what?" Charlie asked.

"Troll you." Gina replied innocently.

"You're teaching her how to troll me? Daaaannnnyyyyyyy!" Charlie got up from his chair and ran towards me with his fist raised.

I leaped up from the bed away from a mad Charlie closing the flap of my laptop. I ran and he chased me around the house with Gina closely following him. She was laughing and yelling "Hit him, Charlie! Hit him!"

I quickly put my laptop on the sofa in between my dad and Gina's dad. They were watching T.V.

"Kids stop running around the house! Dinner will be ready soon." My Mom yelled from the kitchen.

My phone rang in my front pants pocket. I stopped running and saw the caller ID. I caught Charlie's hand as he was mid way through his punch and answered the phone.

"Hey Brock! Listen man, I'll pay you your fees as soon as I get my salary."

"......"

"Oh. Well, then what is this about?"

Meanwhile, Charlie and Gina were kicking me with their legs. Gina's kicks didn't hurt; Charlie's kicks did.

"Stop it guys!" I scolded them covering the phone's mouthpiece(or whatever it's called).