Chapter 2.0

I was sitting in a very comfortable chair. I looked down to find my hands placed on its golden arms. The arms had a very smooth polish and were curving downwards. It felt more like a throne than a simple chair. I looked at myself and noticed my arms were painted with a mixture of gold, ruby and black coloured tattoos. I didn't recognize any of those shapes. I didn't even recognize my clothes. I was wearing a traditional Indian robe that looked rather expensive; the sort that rich Indian men wore at high profile weddings.

"My king!"

I jerked my head up. There was a man in front of me sitting with one knee on the ground and his head bowed down. His one hand rested on the other knee while the other was holding a scabbard. The scabbard had a curved Indian sword commonly called 'Talwar' in it. He was wearing a chest plate as armour

"My king, you must find me. It is very important that you do. The Persian king is already gathering his army. Our spy has reported that the Chinese king just awakened his power. We will lose this battle if we don't prepare urgently. I have gathered a hundred men and women to fight for us, fight for the good of our people. But without you, without our leader we can not hope to stand a chance. You must-"

"Hold on." I stopped him.

"What on earth are you talking about? Who are you? Where am I and why am I wearing this silky smooth clothing?"

"Your majesty, I am talking about the upcoming battle that is going to take place within a year. Altercations have already started between the kingdoms. I understand your confusion but I know that you believe what I say to be the truth. If you had not awakened your power, you wouldn't be gracing the throne room with your presence, my king."

At his mention of the room, I looked around. It indeed, looked like a throne room. He was sitting near the steps that were in front of me. My part of the room was a bit higher from the rest of the room. A red carpet divided the room in two parts right down the middle from the throne to the door that was on the other side. There were several chairs neatly placed on both sides of the carpet facing each other. There was a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I had seen many chandeliers in my lifetime, in movies and real life, but this one won the contest.

I focused my gaze back on the man kneeling. Was that it? Me being able to see all those Holos was a superpower? If, yes then it is a pretty useless power. Unless, I could do more with it than just get random information. Hmm.

"We don't have time, my king. You might wake up."
"Am I dreaming?" Of course, I was dreaming. "Never Mind. If we had more time, would you explain what is happening to me?"
"Yes, my king."
"Then, I will find you." I said with more authority than I thought I was capable of.
The man smiled.
"But how do I find you?" I asked puzzled.
"That I do not know, my king. I am at Yamunotri. I can not find you my king. Are you hiding your presence? You must find us. This was the only way to contact you. For all I know, you could have been anywhere in the world." Hey, I have heard about that place. It's the origin place of river Yamuna in northern India.

"I am not hiding my presence or anything! I have no idea how to do that. But I will come find you. I have nothing else to do." I said.
"Your majesty, you must also learn about your power as soon as you can. I am not worried right now because if I can not find you, neither can our enemies. But if by any chance, they do find you. They will be coming after your head."
"All that is well and good. But you still haven't told me who you are." I said.
"I am Aditya, your senapati (the chief of an army), my king."
He finally looked up. I woke up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Hey, do let me know what you like or don't like about the book in the comments. And I changed the book title and added the subtitle: Battle of the Ten Kings. Thanks for reading! :) - Phenil