Chapter 13.0

King Ravi's Log - A Choice To Make
===================================
24 March, 3:30 P.M. (IST - Indian Standard Time)
Yamunotri, India
-------------------------------------------------------------

We were in the throne room; Aditya was unconscious and his arm was turning black.
"Yadav, go fetch Atul. Luce call grandma quick. Dan bring some water and AMRUT, call the potion master. Markos please watch over him I'll be back in a minute."
I teleported back to Egypt immediately.

The arena was littered with bodies. Some of the stands had been blasted into pieces, some were buried in the desert sand. I easily located Ammon's body. It was in the centre of the arena away from everything else. Blackened, lifeless, abandoned. I couldn't move. I wanted to but I couldn't.

Tears started rolling down my cheeks and yet I didn't move. A swift wind blew desert sand into my eyes and made me rub my eyes and wipe my tears. The wind force increased in intensity and pushed me in Ammon's direction. It was as if God was reminding me that I didn't have time for inaction. I had to move.

I ran to Ammon's body and teleported back to the throne room with it. Veer- the potions master was leaning over Aditya's body examining his arm with Grandma by his side.

"What's the status?" I asked ignoring everyone's stares.
"It's bad. My anti-poison potion isn't working." Veer replied peering through his frameless glasses, his mouth hidden behind his droopy white haired moustache.
"It won't. It didn't work on him." I gestured with my eyes towards Ammon.

Everyone was silent for a few moments as Veer and Grandma examined the arm more. Aditya regained consciousness and fluttered his eyes open.
"What's going...on.? Why do I...." he mumbled.
"You've been poisioned." Lucie said holding his other arm.
"We'll have to cut his arm." Veer looked at me.
"What? Wait!" Aditya tried to get up.
"Stay still" Grandma helped him sit up.

"Ravi, bring a sword." Grandma told me calmly.
For the second time that day I couldn't move.
"Quikly." Veer ordered.
"It's in my room." Lucie said.
I rushed to get her katana.

When I returned Yadav had returned with Atul, who was standing far from everyone.
"You called for me?" He asked as I approached Aditya.
"Yes. Go to Egypt, find out who did this and don't get killed." I ordered as Veer lifted Aditya's blackened left arm for me to cut.

I took a deep breath as I held the katana in both my hands. Grandma poured a few drops of Amrut that Dan had brought over the blade. Amrut is the elixr that upon drinking gives one immortality. It is the drink of Gods. The one we had wasn't the real deal; it was a watered down version. But it was still powerful; powerful enough to purify the blade.

I lifted the blade above my head. I could feel Aditya's eyes on me from my periheral vision. The blade grew heavy in my arms and I didn't dare look at him. This was my friend, my General. Sweat ran down my spine. I steeled myself and swung the sword down in one swift motion.

I couldn't hear the scream that Aditya let out. I couldn't bear to see the tears in Lucie's eyes or the sad expression on Grandma's face or Dan biting into his own arm with guilt and anger.

I crouched and sat down right there on the floor besides Aditya. I hated the fact that I was incapable of taking away his pain. All I could do was put an arm on his shoulder.

---------------------------------------------

We brought Ammon's body to his mother. I told her everything. I conveyed his last words and told her that he had died fighting for his country. I told her how Ammon was one of the best human being I had ever come accross and how dear a friend he was to me.