Chapter 7.2

King Ravi's Log - Mysteries

25 January, 2015.

=============================================================

New Quest

Title: Don't Get Caught

Description: Escape and hide from the soldiers that are chasing you.

Exp Gain: 500

Bonus Item: This Stage/ Level Has A Hidden Bonus Item.

*Huff* *Huff*

Gotta loose them quickly.

*Huff* *Huff*

The longer this chase goes on, higher the chances of me getting caught.

*Huff* *Huff*

Just how big is this island? Wait, what if this is part of the mainland and not an island?

The four men had been chasing me for the past twenty minutes. I had a good lead on them because I had run fast at the start of the chase. Need to reach higher ground. I was getting hungry and a little tired. First the swimming and now the running. I had had no rest.

This is nothing compared to the Elastic Dimension. Nothing at all!

The Elastic Dimension was a funny place. Time in there ran parallel to the real world. Sun rose, Sun set, the Moon shined, stars twinkled, and the Sun rose again. The only difference? Everything was ten times slower. If the sun was over our heads for an hour in the real world, it stayed there for ten hours on the trot inside the Elastic Dimension. It was excruciatingly hot. I ran a lot when the Sun was above me. I also sang a lot of hymns. God was my only companion inside there. I feel like I became more religious after spending time in the Elastic Dimension. I feel like I became strong both on the outside and the inside.

I reached what I thought was the highest point of the landscape. There were several tall trees scattered about. Only option. Gotta climb that tree over there. I had about five minutes before my pursuers caught up to me.

"Huff. Huff. Wish I could look up 'Wikihow' for 'How to climb trees' right now." I muttered trying to catch my breath.

The good thing about being a Hindu is that we have 330 million Deities. There is always a Deity whom you can pray to when in trouble. Well, most of those 330 million are just forms of the same gods. Like Lord Vishnu took 24 different forms, so they became 24 different Gods but are ultimately the same God. Long story short, most Hindus pray to the major Gods because the other Deities are just their forms. They may sometime pray to a form lesser known from the 330 million that exist according to the situation.

Before I started climbing, I prayed to 'Hanuman-ji' (Ji is an Indian honorific), the monkey God. I searched for a gnarl or a bark hole to place my foot. The bark felt rough on my hands as I gripped it tightly. I wrapped a foot and an arm on either side of the tree, and hoisted myself up, alternating between using my hands and my legs. I gripped the sides of the tree with my thighs and calves to make it easier on my arms. There was no time to test my footing on the branches. Climbing was all faith and no skill. If a branch broke, I would fall down and that would be that. These guys are probably soldiers of some King.

I stopped climbing about three fourth of the way up. This would do. I enjoyed the view as I heard the soldiers approach. I looked around for birds in neighboring trees. I looked above and saw the clouds float on by. Finally, I dared to look below and watched the soldiers approach.