Take 14

RINGO's P.O.V.

"Ringo? Ringo, please wake up." I felt my body being shaken a little. I opened my eyes and saw a girl in a high ponytail, wearing a white puff-sleeved blouse.

"Jude? Why are you up so early?" I muttered, trying to sit up. Looking at the big, brown wall clock, I saw that it's five in the morning.

She tucks in a strand of her hair as she nervously said, "I was hoping if you could come with me and buy some party supplies."

Scratching my eyes to waken myself up, I asked, "Party? Whose birthday is it?" Jude gestures for me to come a bit closer as she whispers in my ear, "It's the ninth of October."

My eyes widen, "John's birthday."

"Yes, so please cooperate with me. We'll wake Paul and George later when we arrive. I already prepared everything to cook." She pulls my arm gently and told me to wash my face before we head out.

The sky was already in its darkest shade of blue as it was an hour left before sunrise. The streets lights are still on but a few residents were already up to start the new busy day ahead.

"Nice ambiance, don't you think? It's one of the reasons why I prefer waking up early." Jude says as we were walking on the sidewalk.

She looks good today. After not appreciating her existence for almost a week, it's nice to see her fresh after all the confrontation. I hoped for nothing but a friendly relationship with her because she clearly cares for us, not just as a fan.

With the quiet surroundings, I took the opportunity to speak. "I never got to properly say I was sorry for what I did."

"What? About the money you took?" Her lips formed a straight line as she spoke, "Ringo, I told you, what's important is that you learned something from what happened. Besides, you returned what you took. I appreciate that because you did something to correct your mistake."

"We're both theives, little Ringo. I steal from someone, you did the same. Even if you wanted to return them, that doesn't change the fact that you had the intention to take something away from them for your desire's own good."

I shake the thought away.

"Still... I feel somehow responsible on why you were a mess that day. You were stressed and I became an addition." Jude pats my back and replies, "Fine, apology accepted.

"Just don't forget to tell me whenever you leave the house, especially at night. I have high anxiety levels, I get worried easily."

I smiled, "Of course, honey pie."

* * * * *

The little party was over but John left the house to do his errand boy duties.

It's not that I'm against it but I'm actually stunned as to how he's being serious with his job. Like can't he just take a day off on his birthday and hang out with his mates?

That's why the curiosity made me confront him about the woman he's working for, if my hunch is right. But it only led him telling me to stop predicting things and leave him and George's business alone.

And John's loyalty to Cynthia?

So while our vocalist was out, I decided to pay someone a visit. Just to get my mind off about John and George's lovelife. Because it's just definitely none of my business.

"You do know that dropping by a thief's lair is also none of your business?" T'Challa greets with a remarks as if he knew what was on my mind. He was playing chess on his own.