Take 11

GEORGE's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry back there. I didn't mean to drag you." The blonde girl starts as we started walking away when the coast was clear. Olivia puts on a hoodie while I turned my back to see the men in black going in our opposite direction.

Couldn't contain my curiosity, I asked, "Are those men after you?" Olivia sighs, "Embarrassing as it may sound, yes, they're looking for me."

"Then are you some kind of criminal or something?" Olivia giggles at my question, "You really are something, George Harris. I am something more valuable than a criminal."

"You seriously don't know who I am?"

"It's Olivia Odinson. Never forget."

"Odrigo Odinson is the president of this little island. He's practically the most influential man in the island of Eroda.You should only be scared of him once you threaten his family."

"You're the president's daughter." I concluded. The name, those black men, what Jude said, everything makes sense.

The latter just rolled her eyes, "Oh yey, you found out. Now you're thinking of a way to seduce me and bring me to those black men to earn yourself some money." She muttered the words with poison.

"Earn myself some money?" Clueless as ever, I asked. She gets something from her brown, old coat which was a newspaper.

Olivia points at the headline written in bold, uppercase letters.

MISSING : AN ODINSON HEIRESS. PRESIDENT AVOUCHES A LIFE-LONG REWARD.

"If you give me to the guards, my father will probably give you a real estate." She says. I hand the newspaper back to her, "Isn't that too exaggerating?"

Olivia throws the newspaper as we passed by a trashcan. "Nothing is impossible for Odrigo Odinson. He's Eroda's father, after all. He wouldn't make such promise if it were for nothing."

Ah, that's how rich politicians are. They use their money to get what they need whatever it takes. Because of that trick, they gain followers that'll believe in them no matter what.

The sun already reached its peak as its blazing heat is touching our skin. I can already see Jude's gate from afar so I quicken my pace until I reached my destination.

"Is this where you live?" Olivia asks, still present. "Obviously, yes."

Her eyes shimmered, "Can I come in?"

"NO! No!" I stopped her before she could open the gate and barge in. "Why not?" She pouts. I scoffed, disbelievingly. Does this girl have any common sense? Isn't she the same philosophical girl whom I met yesterday at the sweets shop?

"Because you're a stranger." Was all I can come up with. I couldn't invite her in, I'm not even in the place to begin with. Even if it were true that the house is mine, she might recognize one of us, boys and ask her father to sell us.

"But you already know who I am. I wonder how long will it take before you'd realize what an Odinson is." Olivia crosses her arms. Like yesterday, she was confident as ever.

"Still. You should find a place for yourself. Better yet go back to your father." I told her as I opened the gate and let myself in. She looked at me through the vined bars, "You wouldn't turn me in? Despite the large reward?"

I looked back at her, "What would I gain from doing that, anyway?" Then walked straight ahead without turning back.

As I entered the house, Jude almost choked on her tea while she furrowed her eyebrows the moment she saw me.