Take 6

RINGO's P.O.V

The lady in front of me gaped in disbelief, her eyes layered with mascara stares at me with the same expression. "Are you saying that you want to take advantage of me?"

I smirked as I say, "Well, it wouldn't hurt if you want to-"

"That's it, you're a pervert. I think you can only drum lady's asses." She gestures at me then stands up from the stool she's been sitting on.

"Hey! I'm the drummer of the biggest band in the world you cock fish!" I claimed but she never heard me because of the loud music in the club. Nobody seems to notice me even if I get loud here. It's fun!

"Another beer, Jagger." I dropped another pound at the counter. The bartender– who's somehow gay– raised his brows at me before pouring my glass again. "My name is not Jagger.

Drinking my glass, I said, "You reminded me one of my lad's close friends. You know Mick Jagger? From the Rolling Stones?"

He gave me another questioning look, "That band is so old, mister. You surely fit the name of this club."

"What name?" I drank again. "The Oldies." The gay said with a disgust tone then he walks away. "At least I don't support your crappy music these days!"

Geez, George and John were right when they said today's music is terrible. There's no steady beat in every song, I actually wanted to beat that drummer and show him who's the star.

Upon realizing I almost spent all of Jude's money from her little piggy bank, I went out of the club to avoid anymore temptations. I can't afford to not go to a club for at least a day.

Lucky for me, I had found a way to get out of Jude's place without getting caught. It's actually surprising that those so-called geniuses, John and Paul, didn't even thought of this strategy... going out at night instead of the day.

Ever since we got here in the future, I've been sneaking myself out of the house to make my own discovery. I noticed Jude doesn't have any plan to take us anywhere which I can understand. The girls can get crazy whenever they see us, four. Though I don't know if that's still the case here.

Frank as it may seem, I never had a proper girlfriend back then when we were still in the 60's. As the drummer, I was always at the back. That was the same case with me and the boys.

John has Cynthia, Paul can find himself a girl with just a wink, and George is pretty lucky to have his first time back in Paris.

I was being left out.

So I just thought, maybe I can get myself a girlfriend right here in 2018? It'll be much more exhilarating to have someone who is obviously much younger than me! Pun not intended.

Besides, like what George and Paul told me, the girls here are much more eloquent and sophisticated. They've gone to a new level of fashion and behaviour, as well. I can just fantasize how someone would give me a scrutinizing stare and pinch my nose then we'd talk about octopuses without the general public arbitrating us.

It's a dream.

But one thing that the girls in both generations have in common?

"Hey, Ringo. Nice bird you got there." George sarcastically remarks as I met him at Jude's balcony, smoking.

I reluctantly sat beside him as he hands me a stick. He sticks the end of his cigarette to mine to light it up. "I actually got three of them tonight."

George chuckled, "Let me guess, one chickened out?" I nodded, "The second one slapped me after I asked her to get me a drink."

"And the other one?"