Take 29

GEORGE's P.O.V.

I sighed, it felt good having to experience this again. Even if it was in a different time or place. The dancing crowd, the joyful ambiance we brought in the place; it feels like we travelled back to the past where we used to play at the Cavern instead of travelling to the future where we get to perform in the modern world.

"You don't realize how much I need you,

Love you all the time and never leave you,

Please come on back to me,

I'm lonely as can be, I need you."

Turning my head to John and Paul who are both singing backing vocals along to me with one microphone, I can't help but laugh at the memory of John's announcement the night before.

"I think I'm a reincarnated Jesus."

There was silence in the room for about ten seconds till Paul, Ringo, and I shared fits of hysterical laughter at what we just heard.

"What's so funny?" John asked as if it was a reaction he didn't expect from us.

Paul managed to control his laughter so he spoke, "Just because you saw a picture of yourself with long hair and a lumberjack beard doesn't mean you're Jesus himself, y'know."

"Besides," Ringo adds, "It's not Jesus' exact image just so you know."

"I know that but I just..." I stood up from my seat to pat him on the back, "That's what you get from reading too much of your biographies."

John snorted, "You guys won't understand."

"Then how about this." Jude finally spoke from her seat. "What made you think you're Jesus?"

Our vocalist scratched his nose, imitating Paul's habit whenever he gets nervous. But this is John, Hare Krishna

Hare Krishna? Now where did that came from?

"I'm not totally saying that I'm Jesus himself. It's just that... christianity might go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I'll be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first – rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."

The three of us continued to laugh but we were stopped midway as we saw Jude's serious expression while looking at our vocalist.

The two stared at each other for a minute or two as if they were conversing subconsciously through the eyes. They're not even touching the rest of their food, Hare Krishna.

Okay, seriously, this is getting a whole different level of weirdness.

"It would be better if you were in 1966. But you better not say those words when you're eating on my table."

John swallowed real hard even if he wasn't chewing on anything. We resumed eating in silence as we knew this is literally something controversial to talk about with someone who knows everything that happened in our lives before we even knew it.

"But does that make me one of your reincarnated disciples, though?" Jude face-palmed at Ringo's statement.

In the end, we chose to forget that moment and go on as if John didn't just claimed himself to be someone holy. The next day, John was back to his old self again and thankfully, he's not reading or researching about himself anymore.