Take 20

RINGO's P.O.V.

I can't believe it.

We all can't believe it.

It was as if the world is really against us. We'd already accept the fact that we time travelled because of our attitude that can be compared to a trash bin. But now...

"This can't be happening, f*ck everything if she doesn't wake up." John curses furiously. We all bowed our heads in exasperation to what just happened. Even the driver of this boat slumped to his seat in nuisance.

John and Paul, who are dripping wet, took deep breathes in realization that all their efforts were put in vain.

While George and I had nothing to do but stare blankly at the sea. All of our faces screaming hopelessness.

That's where a miracle occured.

Jude's body jumps up as she coughs water out of her. As she was struggling to breathe, that's where George steps in and pressed her chest lightly to help her. 

I went to Jude's head and placed it on my lap to relax her from rapid movement. When George was sure that all of the water came out, Jude falls back to unconsciousness.

"She's breathing normally now." George announces which made us all sigh in relief. I looked at Jude's sleeping face, she's pale but her lips are back to being scarlet as it always was.

Oh Jude, what have you done to yourself.

"James?" After a few moments of silence, Paul finally spoke, "What are we riding?" 

The boat driver— who's actually named James– wiped his face before facing us to reply, "It's called a speed boat. It'll only take us a few minutes to reach the shore."

"We'd like to reach home immediately, please." John says to which James complied by starting the speed boat.

I didn't got to appreciate how fast the machine is while going here. My mind was more worried about Jude and how Paul and John will handle her.

Even though I don't have the slightest clue as to why Jude attempted to commit suicide, I knew she was in pain. We all experience being unwanted every once in our lives. I remember being looked down on when I was just new at the band.

Everyone wants Pete Best better than me to the point that they'd throw anything that'll hurt me physically. But even if I never got harmed, I was emotionally in pain. Add up the articles and letters we'd receive from fans to express their hatred.

Whatever happened to Jude, I can understand. She has no one around her but us. Paul yelling at her might've just triggered that sadness even more.

As we reached land, I gave James a salute to his contribution. He nodded in response with his eyes red, probably from crying. This suddenly made me wonder what was his relationship with Jude... and Paul who knows his name.

With George carrying Jude in his arms, we immediately ran back to the house. To my surprise, a blonde girl was lying in front of the gate.

"Olivia?"

"George?"

"Olivia!" George calls. I studied the blonde woman from head to toe. Why do I feel like I've met her before? Ugh, where was it again?

"You know each other?" John asked, still breathing heavily. At the same time, the woman asks, "Who are these people?"

"I'll explain later. Please help her, she needed dry clothes." George tells. Paul opens the gate to let all of us inside including Olivia.