Interlude

Jude's sofa isn't exactly the best place to roll around when you sleep. With its wide soft space that could fit four people to sit on, only one can be able to lay down comfortably.

But that wasn't the case here.

Even though none of the four men could have a comfortable position on the sofa, all that really mattered was that they were close to the teenage girl as much as possible.

George and John had to adjust themselves on both edges but they didn't care. They also wanted a glimpse of her, like how close Paul and Ringo were to her figure at that moment.

"Is she asleep?" John asked to their two mates. "Yeah, it took a little while, y'know." Paul says.

Carefully, the four of them stood up from their complicated formation on the sofa. Very gentle so they wouldn't wake the sleeping Jude.

"We shall put her to bed. She's tired." They all agreed to George's suggestion. So Ringo voluntarily lifted the girl up to his arms and carried her to the bedroom.

John opened the door while George and Paul fixed the bed sheets. The drummer gently placed Jude on the bed then John puts a blanket on top to keep her warm.

Paul turned the lights off while George had prepared the nightlight so they'd see their girl's face in the dark... for the very last time.

As much as they wanted to talk and see her before they go back, their girl's request was needed to be heed. Even if it's painful in their part, much to their dismay.

"She's so beautiful." Paul says, "With a good heart, mind, and soul."

Their lead guitarist agreed, "She'll be alright. Hopefully, without us."

"I just can't believe we're going to forget about all this. I'd rather forget everything except... for her." Ringo bit his lip hesitantly.

John sighed, "As long as she won't forget about us, our memories together, I'm okay with it."

Remembering that moment when Jude walked over to Paul's piano and sang along with 'The Long and Winding Road' with them, was how the fab four felt that satisfaction to indicate their mission was done.

They knew they had to leave.

During their first days in the future, all they ever hoped for was to get back home in the 60's. But now that they finally could, something was preventing them to do so.

It wasn't fame, fortune, or money.

It was a girl.

A girl from the future.

With these thoughts in mind, John bend over to the girl's face and planted a kiss on her forehead, "Thank you, little birdie."

Ringo did the same, "We will miss you so much, honey."

And so was George, "We love you."

It took Paul a long time before he could go near the girl and bid his final farewells. Considering that he was the one dearest to her, he didn't know what to reassure to make things better for her.

So the bassist leaned closer and whispered something in the girl's ear, before kissing her not just on the forehead but also on both of her cheeks and nose.

With a heavy heart, the four mop-tops walked out of the room without looking back. Fearing that if they do, they'll just feel the want to stay even more.

"Do we really have to do this? What if it doesn't work and the future doesn't change?" Ringo pours out, worriedly.

Paul states, "Well, there's no turning back now, y'know."

"And if we forget about her?" George's question made them stop.

That was the very last thing that they wanted to happen.

Till John tries to keep it up, "We won't. We'll try our best, okay?"

Looking back at the bedroom door and to Martha the cat sleeping on the sofa, the four Beatles looked at each other with agreement in their eyes as if they were about to go on stage for a performance.

But they knew it was more than that.

Climbing down the wooden stairs that they personally made in the attic, they glanced at the whole interior of the house that served as their home for the very last time before closing the mysterious attic door shut behind them.