Take 8

PAUL's P.O.V.

"But you know what? After spending a week with you guys, I came upon a realization." Jude spoke again.

I looked at her sternly and her haggard look. Her brown wavy hair that's tied up in a messy bun, all messed up as a few strands were dangling on her face. She looks tired. And wasted.

It was also late when I realized she had a sprained ankle. None of us bothered to ask her about it when she arrived. I've never been this careless, what is wrong with me?

She heaved out a sigh as she calms herself down. "You're not the Beatles."

Silence.

What is she talking about?

"You're not the funny, humble, and sweet Beatles that everyone used to know. You're way different than that. As a matter of fact, you're not even close to being those four legends. So tell me, who are you?"

Her words got us good, it was too hard to take it all in. A lot of things went in my mind, a lot of questions, a lot of voices. This is not like me. Could it be that I'm not myself? Who am I? What—

The sound of glass shattering broke the silent tension in the room. We all turned to look at the picture frame faced down on the hard floor.

Jude fell down on her knees as she reaches out to the broken picture frame containing a coloured photo.

There's only one person who could've done that. Someone who was quiet all throughout this altercation.

"How dare you break the only picture of me and my mum."

"And how dare you accuse us of being impostors!" George shouts.

We were all taken aback, this is one of the rare moments of George raising his voice. He may not be the quiet fellow we all labeled him to be, but he never raised his voice unless he can't contain his thoughts. I'd bet Jude is aware of that, as well.

"You think we liked being here? What makes you think that we want to be here with you? We didn't wished to time travel and leave our precious lives in the 60's just to be with a young, immatured girl." George's tall figure towers on Jude whose eyes are already wet with tears.

"Fine." Jude puts the picture frame on the coffee table at the center. "After taking care of you, feeding you, giving you shelter, I won't hold it against you. If I only knew how to bring you back, I may have done it in a heartbeat because that's where you truly belong. Besides, you're never really grateful of the things that befall you. You guys never cared about anything besides your fame."

She limps her way to the door. I wanted to reach out to her and help her walk but something prevented me to do so.

As her hands landed on the doorknob, she turns to us and says, "No wonder why Sir Brian Epstein almost gave up on you that night."

The room fell silent once again. Usually after Brian would scold us, one of us would break the ice in a minute. But it wasn't Brian who just talked sense into us. It's a girl. A girl from the future!

None of us spoke for the rest of the night. John and Ringo goes in the room while George and I stayed in the living room. The fact that we're being a burden in this household made me uncomfortable on the soft couch.

But even so, I drifted off to sleep, hoping that tomorrow will be better.

* * * * *

The next morning when we woke up, there was no sign of Jude but a plate full of pancakes on the kitchen table. There were clothes hanging outside to let dry and the place is spotless unlike yesterday, the house looked like a pigsty with the four of us in there.