Part 46 {The frozen lake}

"Let's go to the lake" Lily said as we walked out the door. "I heard James saying something about them going there today to plan pranks or something" she mumbled.

I agreed and we set off, the four of us. We walked back to Hogwarts and then down to the lake. It was frozen, completely. We saw four boys sit and laugh under a tree next to the frozen ice. We walked through the trees down to them.

Lily and I were laughing all the way over silly jokes. Marlene and Mya walked in front of us and gave the boys a 'they are drunk' look. The Marauders immediately understood and tried not to laugh.

"Hello girls" Peter said while standing next to James smiling.

"Well hello Sir Pettigrew!" I said, bowing down.

Lily burst out laughing, as she fell to the ground with me.

"How many?" James asked as he pulled Lily up.

Marlene giggled while sitting down next to Sirius on a log. "Three butterbeers, each" she said, making James laugh.

"We are fine" I said standing up. I managed to stand, before stumbling back to floor laughing.

"Here" Remus said reaching out his hand down to me.

I smiled taking his hand. "Hello, Mister Moony" I smiled as he pulled me to my feet.

"Hello Stars" he smiled, looking at my drunk smile.

He kept his hand around my waist, helping me stand. He let me sit on a log, but I slid to sit on the dirty ground in front of it. He laughed and sat behind me, causing me to sit in between his legs.

Everyone looked at us confused. Remus just shook his head, showing them to just drop it, because I was drunk. But James knew different.

"What we doing?" I asked, dropping my head back and looking up at Remus.

"We were planning on pranks for after the holiday" he said smiling down at me.

I picked my head up again and saw that Lily and James had sat down together. She was also laughing, clearly drunk. Mya had sat down in front of Marlene, while Marlene was braiding her hair.

"We decided to do plain pranks this time" Peter said standing against the tree.

"Plain?" I asked, knowing they never did anything plain.

James laughed, knowing that I know they were lying. "You never wanted to be part of our pranks, so we thought maybe if we did plain pranks, you'd want to join us" he said, looking from me to Lily.

"I did do pranks with you guys" I said, frowning.

"You threw a teacher with a book on your period, that's not a prank" Peter said laughing.

I looked up at him, glaring. But he was right.

Lily and I looked at each other as the boys started talking again. We had this weird, but clearly working telepathically conversation.

'I want to have fun'
'What you have in mind Lucy?'
'Wanna maybe go try and walk on ice'
'It's ganna piss the boys off'
'That's ganna be fun'
'Oh, then fuck yeah'

We both stood up, causing the boys to look at us. We took each other's hand and walked closer to the ice.

"What are you two doing?" James asked standing up.

We just giggled as we continued walking.

"Stars?" Remus asked also standing up.

Suddenly Lily and I stepped on the ice, knowing it was safe. We walked further before turning to the boys and smiling.

"Come back here" James insisted as he walked towards us, but still on the ground.

"Come get us" Lily laughed, still holding my hand.

"It's dangerous" Sirius laughed from the log, keeping an eye on us.

Lily let go of my hand and walked backwards a little. "What? Why?" she asked tauntingly.

Remus walked closer as well, looking at me. "You are ganna get hurt" he said, smiling.

"Aww" I joked while pouting. "Are you scared of the ice Moony?" I asked tauntingly while walking backwards.

Lily stopped walking and smiled at James, who stopped at the edge of the bank.

"Stars, stop" Remus said, slowly walking onto the ice.

"Moony is scared of ice" I pouted, making him laugh.

I stopped and stood still, giving a breath-taking, drunk ass smile at Remus. He walked closer to me, stepping gently on the ice. He reached out his hand, wanting me to take it.

I kept my smiled, and swung my hands behind my back, keeping them there. I bit my bottom lip, still smiling.

"Oh Stars" he smirked, walking closer.

In one swift movement he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his arms, causing us both to fall over to the ground. I fell on top of him, laughing. He grunted of the pain on his chest, but when he saw my smile he smiled. He had his arms wrapped around my bare shoulders, holding me.

My white jeans were now no longer white. I was laughing, enjoying every minute.

Lily had walked back to James and had watched Remus grab and drop with me from the shore. They were smiling, knowing I was drunk.

James knew Remus liked me but had no idea how I felt about him.

Remus stood up and pulled me with him, still holding me around my shoulders. He ended up standing behind me and rested his head on my shoulders. I smiled, looking at Lily and James at the shore.

Lily saw my eyes, drunk or not, and knew I liked Remus. She gasped when she realized, and I just smiled.