Part 15 {Lily's invite}

Many weeks have passed since then. Remus and I both got detention, along with Sirius for doing something stupid.

Peter, Remus and Sirius have started hanging out with me again. James started hanging more with Lily.

I'd still cry myself to sleep some nights, but I rarely ever do it anymore. And yes, I have surely been avoiding James, I just couldn't bare seeing him again.

"Lucy, Lucy" someone called behind me.

I was on my way to my dorm after classes, on a Friday. My last class was Astronomy, quite boring.

I stopped to look who called my name, and to my surprise, I saw Lily jog my way. She already wore her normal clothes, dreaded from the rain. She sprinted towards me, breathing heavily.

"Oh, hi Lily" I smiled looking at her exhaustion.

She smiled back at me, moving to the side of the hallway, out of the way from students. "I just wanted to know how you were doing. You know, after-"

"I found out James cheated on me?" I interrupted, making her give me an awkward look.

"Yeah, that" she asked giving a sympathetic smile.

I smiled, feeling quite okay with the question. "I'm doing a lot better. It has been about three months, and through it all I realized it was truly over. I'm doing quite good now, thanks"

I was honest. I did feel better. Yes, I did miss James, but it was over. I moved on, getting kind-of over it all.

"I'm glad" Lily smiled, looking me in my eyes. "Look, I'm really sorry for everything. If I had known that you two dated, I would never have gone"

"It's okay Lily. It's not your fault, at all. James fucked up, not you" I put my hand on her shoulder, making my words more truthful.

"So, are we cool? You and I?" she asked, giving a slight giggle.

I smiled brightly. "Yes, of course" I hugged her, feeling better.

I knew Lily was not to blame. I could be mad at her, but that would not have gotten me anywhere. I would not achieve anything through anger or hatred towards her.

She pulled away, giving back a bright smile. "Look, I don't know if your up to it, but Peter told me to invite you to our half-party tonight" she said as if she wanted the answer to be yes.

"Half-party?" I asked confused.

"Well yes. Its ganna be a game of truth or dare, but more fun. Sirius cooked up a liquid luck potion, and a veritaserum potion. They'll apparently be giving us all a few sips, to make the game for fun" she smiled, excited for it all.

"Us all?" I asked, also sounding quite excited.

"Peter called me aside earlier, asking me to ask you if you want to join. He really wants you to join. And from what I heard, it's going to be the Marauders, me, Marlene McKinnon, Lara Handers, Regulus Black, and you, if you want to join?"

"Yeah sure, why not?" I smiled, excited to join.

"Oh that will be lovely" she squealed joyfully. "Oh, I know this is weird, but do you think maybe I can come to your dorm and dress there? My roommate is kind of extremely nosy" her desperateness made it unable to refuse.

I smiled, not being able to refuse. "Of course, what time?"

She smiled. "The half-party starts at 7, so 6 o'clock? Just after dinner?"

I nodded, giving her one last hug.