This is where we first met

Dipper and Pacifica run out of the palm court into a dense crowd. Pacifica pushes her way to the rail and looks at the state of the ship. The bridge is underwater and there is chaos on deck. Pacifica turns and helps Dipper put his lifebelt on, ignoring Dippers urges to have her wear it.

"Alright, we keep moving Aft. We have to stay on the ship as long as possible." Pacifica says, grabbing Dippers hand again and they begin pushing their way through the panicking crowd.

They both climb over the A-Deck aft rail. Then, using all his strength, Dipper lowers Pacifica toward the deck below, holding on with one hand. She dangles, then falls, landing on the deck and Dipper jumps down beside her. They join a crush of people literally crawling and scrambling over each other to get down the narrow stairs to the well deck...the only way aft.

Seeing that the stairs are impossible, Pacifica climbs over the B-Deck railing and helps Dipper over. Dipper jumps down and Pacifica lands next to him right after. They push through the crowd across the well deck. Near them, people are jumping into the water. 

The ship groans and shudders. The man ahead of Pacifica and Dipper is walking like a zombie. "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death-"

"You wanna walk a little faster through that valley fella?" Pacifica says to the man, making her walk faster.

The stray cables along the top of the funnel snap, and they lash like steel whips down the water. Candy watches as the funnel topples from its mounts. Falling like a temple pillar twenty eight feet across. It whomps into the water with a tremendous splash. People swimming underneath it disappear in an instant.

The water pouring into the open end of the funnel draws in several swimmers. The funnel sinks, disappearing, but hundreds of tons of water pour down through the 30 foot hole where the funnel stood, thundering down into the belly of the ship. A whirlpool forms, a hole in the ocean, like an enormous toiler-flush. T.W. McCauley, the gym instructor swims in a frenzy as the vortex draws him in. He is sucked down like a spider going down a drain.

Dipper and Pacifica climb the well deck stairs as the ship tilts. Dipper and Pacifica cling together as they struggle across the tilting deck. People are jumping from the well deck, some hitting debris in the water and are either getting hurt or killed. 

On the deck, Pacifica and Dipper struggle aft as the angle increases. Hundreds of passengers, clinging to every fixed object on deck, huddle on their knees around Father Byles, who has his voice deep in prayer. They are praying, sobbing, or just staring at nothing, they're minds blank with dread.

Pulling herself from handhold to handhold, Pacifica tugs Dipper out along the deck. "Come on, Dipper. We can't expect God to do all the work for us."

They struggle on, pushing through the praying people. A man looses his footing ahead and slides toward them. Pacifica grabs him at the last second and helps him back up. The propellers are twenty feet above the water and are rising faster by the minute. 

Pacifica and Dipper make it to the stern rail, right at the base of the flagpole. They grip the rail, jammed in between other people. It was the spot where Pacifica pulled him back on the ship...just two nights...and what feels like a lifetime ago.

Dipper looks around at everyone and sees some trying to calm others down. He also sees Father Byles reading something from a Bible, above all the wailing and sobbing. He continues to carry on, breaking with emotion. "And I saw new heavens and new earth. The former heavens and the former earth had passed away and the sea was no longer..."

The lights start to flicker, threatening to go out. Dipper grips Pacifica as the stern rises into a night sky, ablaze with stars. Father Byles continues to say from the Bible. "I also saw a new Jerusalem, the holy city coming down out of heaven from God, beautiful as a bride prepared to meet her husband. I heard a loud voice from the throne ring out this, Gods dwelling among men. He shall dwell with them and they shall be his people and he shall be their God who is away with them..."