CHAPTER 19 : REGULUS BLACK

When Diana stormed out she went inside a random compartment, she was still fusing and her book was still in hand, and she was cursing under her breath.

She felt someone looking at her, she raised her head and saw a Black.

"Regulus, If you want-" She didn't finish her sentence when Regulus chuckled.

"It's like you don't know me Ann" He said with a smile, Regulus was the only person who called Diana 'Ann' for two obvious reasons, one he thought of it, and two she was nice to him.

"Why are you so grumpy anyways? I hope my big brother had nothing to do with it" He said, the last part filled with anger.

"It has something to do with him alright" Diana said, you see Diana Lupin met Regulus Black at the train at his first year, and he likes to talk to her often back then, but now they don't catch up that much.

"You know I have a soft spot for you, spill it what happened?" Regulus pushed.

"Your Dear Brother's courting me, and I see him with a girl, he said it was a fling, well I do believe him, but you're not supposed to get with anyone when you're courting someone, right?" Diana said and Regulus nodded at her.

"I think it's best if he leaves you alone", Regulus said and Diana chuckled still clutching her book.

"Hey have you se- Oh, you're with Regulus" The boy that interrupted their conversation said.

"Hi Dear Brother" Sirius said with a smile.

"No" Regulus said looking at him angrily, ,"You stopped being my brother when you left that house" He spat.

"What was I supposed to do? They were hurting me-" Sirius said looking at him furiously.

"Then you should've taken me with you" Regulus reasoned when Sirius came inside the compartment.

Sirius was speechless, and he knows what to do, "When we get to the station stay behind me, I'll ask Prongs if it's alright for you to stay with us" He said and Regulus shooked his head.

"I'll be entering a lion's den unarmed if I go there" He said shuddering at the thought.

"It'll be alright, James' is a nice person Reg, believe me" Diana said smiling at the boy, Sirius looked at how the two interacted, and his blood boiled.

"Are you sure Ann? I mean they did hex Snape" Regulus said turning to the girl.

"Trust me on this one Reg" Diana said still smiling at him.

"As much as I want to no, I'm sorry Sirius, I don't want them to hunt us both down" Regulus said and Sirius sighed, but nodded at his brothers decision

"I'll leave the two of you, you should talk" Diana said and was about to get out of the compartment when Sirius pulled her back.

"Stay" Sirius said looking at her in the eye, he knows the girl wouldn't resist.

"I'm sorry, but no" Diana said and she went off.

"Do you like her?" Sirius asked his brother after a long silence.

"Who?" Regulus said.

"Diana" He answered.

"I like her yes I do, but in a sisterly way, she was the first person I met in the train, this was the same compartment to be exact" Regulus said remembering the day he met Diana.

"Can you tell me?" Sirius said, and Regulus nodded happily.

---

First year Regulus Black was finding a compartment, you see he doesn't want to be with his brother he wants to make his own friends.

"Hello? Can I sit here?" He asked the girl inside the compartment.

"Yes you can" The girl said with a smile.

"You're a first year aren't you?" The girl asked him and he nodded.

"What's your name pal?" She asked him, she was friendly and Regulus couldn't help but smile to her kindness.

"I'm Regulus Black" He said as he looked down.

"You're Sirius' brother, aren't you?" She asked and Regulus nodded.

"Who are you then?" He asked.

"I'm Diana Lupin, a Gryffindor" She said with a smile.

"Are you friend with my brother?" He asked and Diana nodded as a response.

"Yes and I've heard a lot about you" She said, and Regulus couldn't believe what he heard.

"He talks about me?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes told me that the two of you are very close" She said and Regulus couldn't help, but smile, then he remembered that the girl In front of him is a Lupin.

"You're name's Diana, right?" He asked and Diana nodded, Regulus smiled before saying.

"Sirius usually mentions you in dinner" Diana chuckled lightly at this and changed the topic.

"Well what house do you think you'll be sorted at?" Diana asked him.

"Well my whole Family's been in Slytherin, so there's no doubt I'll be in the same house, but If I'm as brave as my brother, maybe Ravenclaw" He said and Diana smiled at him.

"You'll be great no matter house you're in, just remember that no matter what happens you will always be a good wizard, not all Slytherins are bad" She said with a smile and Regulus couldn't help, but smile back.

The whole way to Hogwarts the two would talk, and share their interests.

As the train came to a halt Diana bid Regulus goodbye, as he went with Hagrid to go to the boats.

---

"She's really kind, and I don't know why you were on a fling" Regulus said.

"Mother and Father" Sirius said as he looked down.

"What do they have to do with it?" Regulus asked clearly confused.

"They told me if I don't stop courting Faye, she'll be in trouble" Sirius said.

"Don't listen to them, they're all mouth and no trousers" Regulus said and Sirius couldn't agree more to his little brother.

"Well we don't want to be seen, by our parents, I reckon they'll pull you if they see you", Regulus said, and Sirius laughed at him.

"I ran away, they couldn't care less on what happens to me" He said with a laugh and Regulus joined him.

"Well if you di need help send me an owl" Regulus said, but Sirius shooked his head.

"If you're forgetting, all the owl's that arrives at home, is always checked by Mummy, and you don't want her seeing an owl from me, we'll be both in big trouble" Sirius said and Regulus sighed, but nodded at his brother.

All out the train ride the two only talked, and catched up, when it did stop, Sirius went back to their compartment, and went with James back to the Potter Manor, and he swore Regulus was scared of their Mother.

---

Authors note:

Do you want a special chapter in I'm your Daughter?

-WolfStar