𝙃𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙖 𝙎.

╰───────────────

╰───────────────

"God, I hate my life so much right now."-you huffed out as you ran in the direction of your school. Your class was starting in 5minutes, and you knew if you don't get there on time your math professor was going to give you an earful about you being late to his class. Just as you entered the school grounds the bell rang, meaning you were late, and knowing your maybe professor he for sure was already in the classroom. You breathed heavily as you entered the classroom, excusing yourself for being late, and begging the professor to let you stay in front of your whole class. He said you could and you quickly sat down, huffing out. Just as you put your things on the desk, he announced that you were going to have a short "pop" exam. You closed your eyes and gripped onto your hair in frustration. You really didn't need this the first thing in the morning, after literally running a whole marathon from your house to school. As you looked at the paper in front of you, you quickly circled the answers that you knew. You never liked leaving the questions unanswered so you went and solved the questions you didn't know on instinct. The bell rang just as you finished writing your last answer. You handed in your paper, and threw your head back in frustration.
Later you got up to get something from the vending machines, because you didn't eat anything this morning considering you really didn't even have time to breathe.
As you walked through the school halls you saw a group of girls eyeing you and then whispering something to each other, before walking in your direction. They circled around you not giving you a way to walk further.
"Heya L/n-san!"-all of them said in sync, making you raise an eyebrow at them.
"Hey?"-you said, more like questioned.
"We just wanted to say that we are here for you!"-one of them exclaimed making the others nod in affirmation to the statement.
"Yeah! We really didn't think that would happen. We hope you are alright."-the other one said. Making you raise your eyebrows in confusion. What were they talking about this early in the morning.
"Sorry, but what are you all talking about tho?"-you asked. They looked at each other before turning to you again.
"Hinata-kun and you broke up right? We're so sorry."-they stated. You grew even more confused.
"I really don't know where you heard that, but to inform you we did not break up."-you said.
"We're sorry for assuming then. We just saw E/n and him together yesterday, and they seemed quite close again."-one of them exclaimed. Hearing the statement, made your heart ache suddenly. So that's why he wasn't able to walk home with me yesterday. He wa switch her.
"What else did you see? If you don't mind me asking."-you asked.
"Well, they talked but we didn't hear what about, tho they hugged at the end."-the girl said.
"Alright, we'll thanks for the info. Though we did not break up so don't worry. I need to go bye!"-you quickly said and started walking towards the girl's bathroom. You placed your hands on the sides of the sink, as your stomach flipped making you sick, anger bubbling up inside you as you gripped the sides of the sink tightly. With E/n really? Of all people it had to be her? You felt like throwing up. You didn't know if it was from the fact that you still hadn't eaten or the fact that Shoyō was probably doing something with her behind your back. Thoughts running through your head. Your eyes stung as your vision became blurry, a tear escaping your eye. You quickly splashed water on your face to refresh yourself, not wanting for anyone to see what state you were in. You washed your hands and went out from the bathroom. Walking in the direction of the familiar classroom where your, if you can even call him that, boyfriend was. You entered the classroom and walked through the groups of students to the spot where Shoyō was seated. You saw him talking with Kageyama, more like bickering with him again. He stopped the conversation as soon as he caught a glimpse of you. His eyes lightened up, but became dull upon seeing your expression. He sensed something is wrong, damn the whole class sensed something is wrong the moment you walked through the door.
"Shoyō we need to talk. Now."-you said sternly, making him stiffen up. Your palm clenching around your skirt, making it seem like it will rip any second now. You were trying so hard not to break in front of him and his whole class right now.
"Ah! Alright!"-he exclaimed cheerfully, trying to mask how nervous he was. He quickly told Kageyama that he'll be back soon, as he walked after you. You walked and walked until you came in one of the empty halls.
"So? What's up Y/n? You wanted to tell me something?"-he said curiously, making you stop in your tracks, your back facing him.
"I want to break up. Shoyō."-you said.
His eyes widened as his mouth hung open. He thought he didn't hear you right.
"Sorry, what Y/n?"-he asked in confusion.
"I want us to brake up."-you repeated. He didn't believe it, it can't be real right?
His breath hitched in his throat, heart clenching, his fists balling up, as he bit on his liver lip and his foot tapping in nervousness. It's a joke right? One of those silly jokes and pranks, right? Silence surrounded you.
His vision becoming blurry, hot salty tears prickling his eyes, asa tear slid across his cheek. His heart pounded rapidly in his chest.
"W-what?"-he asked again, not wanting to believe what was happening. It had to be a joke. It had to. He swallowed a sob that was about to escape his mouth.
"I want you to accept my decision. I hope you understand."-you said. His whole body shook, as hot tears escaped his eyes, falling like waterfalls.
"You aren't serious right Y/n? You can't do this!"-he exclaimed, his stomach flipping, making him want to throw up. His knuckles becoming white from so much pressure.
"Im serious. I said what I said. I want you to respect my decision it's the best for the both of us. So I hope you underst-"
"No! You can't! I don't want to! I don't respect that! I don't want that. You can't! Y/n! Please!"-he exclaimed.
"I don't want that! You can't do this! Please don't!"
He spoke as he began shaking. You stayed with your back facing him, not turning around once from the beginning. You knew the sight would hurt if you did. You started walking again.
"Y/n! Please! You c-can't! Don't! Please! Just stop!"-he exclaimed as he gripped your wrist, making you stop in your tracks.
"Don't do this to me! To us!"-he begged, as he looked down his body shaking. Sadness going through his body.
"P-please Y/n? Don't leave like this, he'll don't leave at all!"
You closed your eyes, composing yourself. You swatted your hand back. And walked away.
Leaving him there, with his lips trembling as a sob escaped his mouth. You walked faster, so you didn't have to hear that, you just couldn't.
Shoyō stayed on the same spot for some time, until a hand grabbed him by his shoulder. He wasn't fazed by anyone or anything. His eyes looking in the direction you went. You left.
"Oi! Dumbass! The class is starting soon, where were yo-"-Kageyama cut himself off as he saw tears falling out of Shoyō's eyes.
"Oi! Boke! Why are you crying?"
A new wave of sadness washed over Shoyō as he remembered the situation. He quickly wiped his tears away, as he pushed the other boy aside and marched to the classroom of his.
His lip quivering, as his head was hung low, with his fists still clenched.
AST the day went by, he just couldn't function. You didn't give him a reason. He doesn't know what you meant. He doesn't and he never will. He stared down at his notebook, writing down notes, in his last class of the day. His hand gripping the pencil, as tears appears in his eyes, and they fell. Wetting his paper. Ha abruptly stood up making everyone turn their attention on him.
"May I go to the bathroom please?"-he muttered out quickly. The professor gave him a nod. He quickly dashed out of the room. He felt like drowning, like he couldn't breathe. It was too much, it had too much affect on him. He even thought about skipping practice today. He walked down the halls to calm himself down. He looked up as he heard someone walking too. And the second he saw who it was he let the tears fall again. Looking you in the eyes was a breaker. He crumbled into million pieces. The two of you stood there looking at each other's eyes. You quickly broke the eye contact before it became too much for you too. As you tried to walk past him, you felt a hand grabbing yours.
"Can I ask why?"-Shoyō muttered out.
"I think you know the answer better then I do Shoyō."-you said as you let your hand fall to your side.
His head whipped in your direction at the speed of light, his eyes confused and sad at the same time, searching for an answer.
"What?"
"What do you mean by that Y/n?"-he asked.
You gripped the sponge in your hand, the one you were sent to wash, as you clenched your jaw.
"What do you mean by that?"-he repeated.
You whipped your head around, as you vision got blurry, and your lip started quivering.
You looked down, as water dripped from the sponge you held.
"I just made it easier for you Shoyō, so you didn't have to do this by yourself."
"Do what?"
"B-break up with me"-you muttered out as a tear rolled down your cheek.
"Why would I do that?"
"I mean the two of you are basically back together. I would appreciate it if you were honest with me. If you're still in love with her. I would totally understand."
"What are you talking about, I'm not. I would never. You know how bad she hurt me."
"I know. I just-I just know how it feels when you have a strong connection with someone. You can't just leave them, it's not that easy. So I totally understand if you still do lov-"
"Don't. Please. She's a nobody to me."
"Where did you even get all this crap from?"
"I-I I know why you didn't walk home with me yesterday. I know you were with her. Don't lie. I would appreciate it if you were honest."
"I wasn't with her. I went to practice with Kageyama. "
You stayed silent.
"You can ask him, or even Daichi! He was the one who gave us the key to the gym."- Shoyō said wanting for you to believe him.
The events from today came back to your mind, and as you looked at the situation, especially the one with the group of girls. The image of one of them being familiar, maybe too familiar for your liking. Your eyes widened suddenly in shock. R/n (random name). E/n's best friend. Everything makes sense now.
More tears fell from your eyes, as you hung your head in shame, tensing up again. If Shoyō knew how stupid I was he would never want me back, right?
"I'm sorry Shoyō"-you muttered out, making him furrow his brows at your state. He started panicking, as he brought you in a hug.
"Hey, what are you apologizing for?"
"I misunderstood the situation. And I reacted without thinking, blinded by my feelings. I'm really sorry. I know you probably don't want me back but still I want yo-"
"Of course I want you back. It's alright though things like that happen."
"I was just so insecure, I wanted to be better than her, and the thought of you wanting her back mad me, made me feel like I-I-"
"I would never choose her over you, and I'm sure of that. And I want you to know that too. I love you like a lot, you are the bestest Y/n!"-he exclaimed, making you laugh at his false pronunciation. He laughed with you, relieved that he got to hear you laugh.
"I love you too Shoyō, like a lot."
Your eyes suddenly went wide at the realization that you were supposed to wet the sponge and bring it back.
"Shoyō I need to go my geometry professor is going to kill me."
"Yeah me too. So then I'll se you at practice right?"
"Of course."
The two of you went in separate ways to your classrooms, where your professors gave you quite an earful.

:)